so my wife just said this...

I retired last May after 50 years working as a Civil Engineer. The day after I retired, the UPS deliveryman showed up at my door while my wife was still at work. He delivered a brand new, PRS Core Paul’s Guitar with a 10 top as a retirement gift (shown in my avatar). In the 60 years I have been a guitarist I have owned many guitars…but not one as fantastic as that Paul’s Guitar! My wife is a great wife!

and I get two pedals in the mail last week and got the "stink eye" for two days :rolleyes:

How long have you been here? There are two time tested, forum approved methods for getting gear into the house without getting in trouble.

1) "The Les." In this method, you tell your wife that this pedal is required for a paying commercial (gig, etc., the key is "paying") that you're doing soon and you "have to have it" for that paying gig.

2) "The DTR." In this method, you ship it to your office, and leave it in the car until after your wife goes to bed, then sneak it in. OR, if it's small enough, you bring it in the house in your brief case and don't get it out til she's in bed.

Other options that are potentially less effective due to circumstances.

3) "The Bodia." "Yeah, I bought some more stuff, but I probably won't keep it long anyway. If I do love it, I'll sell something else."

4) "The Sergio." (for professionals only. Amateurs don't try this at home). "Hey sugar mamma, look what you just bought me! Oh, and thanks!"

How long have you been here? There are two time tested, forum approved methods for getting gear into the house without getting in trouble.

1) "The Les." In this method, you tell your wife that this pedal is required for a paying commercial (gig, etc., the key is "paying") that you're doing soon and you "have to have it" for that paying gig.

2) "The DTR." In this method, you ship it to your office, and leave it in the car until after your wife goes to bed, then sneak it in. OR, if it's small enough, you bring it in the house in your brief case and don't get it out til she's in bed.

3) "The Bodia." "Yeah, I bought some more stuff, but I probably won't keep it long anyway. If I do love it, I'll sell something else."

4) "The Sergio." (for professionals only. Amateurs don't try this at home). "Hey sugar mamma, look what you just bought me! Oh, and thanks!"
Hey now, I’ll have you know I buy my own guitars…

…. She just pays for everything else.

You forgot my method...

Have it shipped to a vacant house that's for sale down the street, pick it up after dark, sneak it in when she's at work, hide it behind the sofa, only use it while she's at work. Winning.

Disclaimer: I stole this idea from this other dude that used to get his weed the same way... allegedly.;)

You forgot my method...

Have it shipped to a vacant house that's for sale down the street, pick it up after dark, sneak it in when she's at work, hide it behind the sofa, only use it while she's at work. Winning.

Disclaimer: I stole this idea from this other dude that used to get his weed the same way... allegedly.;)
This method will be added to all future forum gear purchasing tutorials.

Much better choice (being the previous owner of R9’s and an R8)
I went to Gibson Garage and played a R0 with a 59 neck. That guitar felt great but the price tag was ridiculous. Still, my 513 is plays and feels better. Already having a 513 the 509 seems a bit redundant even tho they are slightly different. Just leaning towards having two very similar guitars to gig with. I have 4 Gibson guitars and an Anderson tele I rotate now as my backup. Band likes the variety but honestly they love the PRS when I play it all night. I think they get stuck on a tele is used for country and a LP for rock.

Back