So long...it's been good to know you!

There is always hope.
My mother just turned 90, beaten two types of cancer( as far as it's possible to consider them beaten, I know they never truly are)
That was 8 years ago.
Hang in bud!

And the same goes for you too @Greywolf .
Thoughts and prayers for both you and @Lewguitar .

Last edited:
While I recognize your name, Lew, and am sure that I have read any number of your posts, I don’t know you. And I don’t want to pretend that I do. But when a man steps forward and says that he knows that he is dying, and that the end is near, I truly want to try to find something sincere to say. So, I imagine that I am stuck in an elevator with you.

What would I say to you, when they finally let us out and we are getting ready to go our separate ways?

I hope that you’re able to find some comfort and peace as your days wind down. There will be at least one stranger that will think of you, every so often over the coming months. And I hope that you were able to live a life with no regrets. And, I think you should pick your favorite axe and take it with you. And if you have any grievances with the pallbearers, take the big amp, too.

Last edited:
Oh man, I dont think there isn't a soul on this piece of the internet that is not saddend by your post Lew. And by that of mr Greywolf.

Your time is not up yet, so no obituary. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the time that is given to you, even though it is hard as you discribed. And we will have the joy and privilege of your continued contribution as you have been doing since you joined.

Thoughts and prayers (you don't net to believe it, I have to) for you from the far side of the atlantic pond.

Folks remember .. it's the positive impact we make in others lives and hearts that makes it all worth it . The instruments we build will always be connected to this plane of existence , like the songs we've played for others. As long as they exist , in the hearts and ears of others .. we live on , and hopefully bring a poignant smile remembering the origin.

The clarity of the choice

Is a wonderful release

To finally put an end to pain

And attain the final peace

No more heartbreak

No more work

Just eternal quiet

Tranquility that’s finally earned

It’s just like Life’s desert

For all those that are left behind

I’ll see them next time round

Perhaps I’ll get it right in time

Instead of in sorrow drown

Precious Life it is so short

I savor every moment

The time has come for one last task

That is so very important

To share what’s earned

With those I love

So they can rest their souls

Knowing that they made it worth

Each day I did behold

James aka the greywolf

I've been fighting it for 12 years, they did surgery .. then of course it returned . Chemo is not an option .. The good news is .. at least for now the pain is managable and it's mostly just unrelenting exhaustion . Working at the Cafe' , being involved with the Music Family is what keeps me going.
I lost my brother to it just before I was diagnosed . I look at each day as an opportunity to be a better person ..
Attitude is everything. Music really helps me with my various conditions, too.

Deepest regrets in hearing this terrible news of you and Greywolf.
It's hard to realize that the person next to you, or posted right above you on a forum, can be suffering. Just know that we are all your fam, not just PRS fam, in that all men are brothers, and we appreciate every moment we spent together.

Our thoughts and admiration are with you both.

I rarely share the news on it , I still haven't told my sisters, or grandkids as it would devastate them .

Before my brother passed (at 56) he gave me some very sage advice : Most people think they have a lot more time, so they put things off.
If there is anything you want to do , or buy and you can... don't wait .. you never know when things can change rapidly .

Since then I've had 3 clinical deaths, spent months in ICU and realize the wisdom of it .

When I got my Ducati at age 65 my kids , and the guys at the shop thought I was nuts ...One of them knew me from the near fatal wreck .

Looking back .. one of the best crazy deeds I've done .. . Same with all the spectacular guitars... Savor those spectacular moments , as Garcia would say ... I'm in it for the Fun ...

I rarely share the news on it , I still haven't told my sisters, or grandkids as it would devastate them .

Before my brother passed (at 56) he gave me some very sage advice : Most people think they have a lot more time, so they put things off.
If there is anything you want to do , or buy and you can... don't wait .. you never know when things can change rapidly .

Since then I've had 3 clinical deaths, spent months in ICU and realize the wisdom of it .

When I got my Ducati at age 65 my kids , and the guys at the shop thought I was nuts ...One of them knew me from the near fatal wreck .

Looking back .. one of the best crazy deeds I've done .. . Same with all the spectacular guitars... Savor those spectacular moments , as Garcia would say ... I'm in it for the Fun ...
Well said.

I wish you strength as well.

I don't even technically know you personally, Lew, but this saddens me to hear. On the plus side, you've got one hell of a spirit and attitude; which I for one could learn a lot from.

Bless you on your journey, and we'll enjoy your presence here for as long as we can selfishly keep you around.

Lew,
All of us are sad reading your fate. Nobody - regardless native US or far abroad - takes this lightly, but it takes us all with it.
Try to take it as easy as possible, what lies in front of you. Pain shouldn't be your company.
Regarding your gear: If proceeds are required for medical treatments, sell it. If not, maybe donoring to a music school is an oportunity to support musical education and to live through that generosity.

Be blessed on all your steps.

Back