Snagged another Bernie Marsden!

Looks like Lew and Fullmoon are cornering the market! Haha.

Nice snag Lew.
Nah. I just know what I like. For whatever reason these are the most comfortable guitars (for me anyway) that I’ve owned in years. Got ‘em all cheap too! And I have you guys to thank. So thanks! They’ll all go to friends and family someday. Also, for someone my age and in my situation, a new guitar makes me feel like I have something to look forward to. It’s good therapy.

Whew! With Wolfetone ALNICO 2 Marshallhead pickups and a tailpiece swap to one of those "Paul" wrap arounds with brass under each string, #4 might be my favorite player of them all. I still like the 57/08's more...but this guitar is a blast to play.

The locking tuners from John Mann ought to show up today. (EDIT: they didn't show up, even tho the UPS tracking said they would.)

I know my SC58 is supposed to be a better guitar, and in some ways it is. But I prefer my Bernies and it's the Bernie's I've modified with 57/08, Duncan Antquitys and Wolfetone pickup and hardware swaps that get played the most.

Might as well replace the 3 way switch and pots too because they're cheap and seem to cut out after awhile. Especially the 3 way switch.

Need to open it up and clean the contacts and bend the "spring" a little for tighter contact. That might fix it.

Kinda feel like I've been waiting for these my whole guitar playing life.

Wish they'd shown up 30 or 40 years ago when I was still gigging for a living.

The newest, a 2012, is the one on the far left. Both of my 2012 have the cream pickups.

The other two, with covers, have 57/08 pickups.

I'm done. There won't be a #5.

Last edited:
Whole other subject but with Bernies the flame is almost always stronger on one side of the top than the other. Usually the lower side with the volume controls has less flame, even though they're bookmatched.

Only one I have that's spectacular on both sides is this one, and the flame is kind of non-traditional.

It's my favorite tho.

I know it's a veneer but it sure is purty!

Funny you say that. Mine is the complete opposite. The flame is much darker on the bottom/knob side. But I have noticed that about the Bernies with the bookmatched flame being a little off on seemingly all of them.

Back