Snacks - Let's Talk!

They changed the name for some reason, but I still dig the prizes…

iFWEfLK.jpg

How do you like it?
A lot. The voices offer a LOT of flexibility. And once you grasp the fact that he went a little TOO FAR in trying to make EL84s sound big, and that you can turn the bass knob way down and get rid of the boom, it's a great 2xEL84 amp. I'm tempted to either have an amp tech go in and reshape the bottom end more along the lines of a Marshall, or just do it myself. But for now, a Timmy with a bass cut feeding the input is good enough. 70s and 80s modes are both LOTS of fun for Marshall guys... like me. 60s mode is REALLY fun for some stuff. Fulltone 69 is great fun in all modes, but 60s with that is great.

For 2 EL84s, with 18, 5 and 1 watt modes, it has a lot of great tones. Just doesn't have big iron/glass mojo. But even without it, very cool little amp.

p.s. Some have called it "Shiva Lite." I HOPE that is accurate as some models of Shiva are grail amps for me. And, Ecstasy... Uber, etc.

A lot. The voices offer a LOT of flexibility. And once you grasp the fact that he went a little TOO FAR in trying to make EL84s sound big, and that you can turn the bass knob way down and get rid of the boom, it's a great 2xEL84 amp. I'm tempted to either have an amp tech go in and reshape the bottom end more along the lines of a Marshall, or just do it myself. But for now, a Timmy with a bass cut feeding the input is good enough. 70s and 80s modes are both LOTS of fun for Marshall guys... like me. 60s mode is REALLY fun for some stuff. Fulltone 69 is great fun in all modes, but 60s with that is great.

For 2 EL84s, with 18, 5 and 1 watt modes, it has a lot of great tones. Just doesn't have big iron/glass mojo. But even without it, very cool little amp.
I am not the biggest El-84 fan aside from Cornford BUT I wouldn't mind spending more time with an Atma. I briefly played one for a couple minutes tops and it was decent. I wasn't thrilled but I also knew there was more in it. I just didn't have the time to really go through it. Side note, it was the Atma that got me to thinking on smaller watt amps and something different than usual for me and that quickly turned into me jumping into the Kemper unit.

It is a great little amp, but like I said, he wanted it to sound big so he designed a little too much bass in. But, there's a knob for that! And turning it down yields some pretty great tones. I'm anxious to try it with the Power Station to see if I can add some of the big glass/iron ballz it's missing.

And, I'll never discount the 5 watt mode. MANY great tones in that that get plenty loud for most things, and have that SE magic. Got a little of that SE hum, but has the tone and feel too.

Like many, I don't eat while I play, but usually keep a bottle of fizzy flavored water on my desktop. Practice time is usually between 2 and 5 PM, so no need for snacks. Evening snack listening to Music library is usually homemade blueberry or blueberry peach pie and a drink, cuppa herbal tea, couple mandarin oranges. Maybe a handful of pistachio kernels. Strangely enough, I don't snack during the daytime.

When I'm down in my playing area, my go-to beverage is Mountain Dew Zero. Sometimes Cherry Coke Zero, but that's my all-day every day, so usually it's the Dew. Foodwise, not much. Andes Mints, and occasionally five-flavor Life Savers. But I tend to eat the Life Savers like candy, so not too often for those.

Back