Silver Sky Tech Questions.

SilverSkyGuy12

Hey Everyone,

I've just purchased a PRS Silver Sky and I had a few questions regarding its hardware. As a Les Paul player all of my life, a lot of the technology used on the Silver Sky is relatively new to me.

In terms of the locking tuners, Ive been looking for a guide to using the tuners and putting strings on the guitar (whether I need to leave slack in the string or not), and have only been able to find PRS guides for the winged tuners, non-locking tuners, and locking tuners (Phase II, III, S2). Im assuming the silver sky tuners fall under one of the Phase II, III or S2 Categories?

Lastly, this is my first time using a guitar with a tremolo bar that locks in place without being turned to wind it in. When removing the tremolo bar do I simply yank it out, or am I supposed to rotate it in a certain direction to loosen it? Ive noticed the tremolo bar requires some force to pull out and I'd hate to do any damage to the tremolo system.

Thanks for your help!

The bar just pushes in and pulls out - simple. You can adjust the drag to get it just right with the allen key.

As to stringing with locking tuners - turn the tuner so that the hole is parallel to the neck, pull the string through and pull with modest tension locking down at the same time. The pull keeps it from getting too much wind especially on the higher strings.
This works for me.

I also had mine converted to float which I liked a LOT better!!

What Brian said. With respect to the tuners, you don't want any winds around the poles. Pull string through the hole with tension, tighten locking screw finger tight, and then another quarter turn with a coin, tune and go!

Back