Silver Sky SE saddle replacement options?

Lehik

I bought a Silver Sky SE recently and while I'm pleased with the sounds and the build quality, there's an issue with the bridge saddles: The edges of the saddles had some nasty sharp "jaggies" and the saddle adjustment screws were a bit too long and they also had sharp edges. I had to file both the saddles and screws a bit to prevent them from cutting into my palm (and I mean it, there would have blood around if I hadn't). They are much better now, but still quite far from the comfortness of the ones I've gotten used to on a PRS SE Custom 24.

I'd like to know if anyone has switched the saddles and also get some options from which to choose. For example, Graph Tech seems to have some saddles that at least fit "vintage style ST models" but of course I'd need to measure the ones on the SSSE to be sure.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks.

Normal core saddles fit. Someone did the mod on here. There's a post or two about it floating around.

Normal core saddles fit. Someone did the mod on here. There's a post or two about it floating around.
Thanks, that seems like an option. I did some searching but maybe I was looking for too SE-spesific.

You can just buy some shorter adjustment screws. Amazon has them. They are a metric M3 size Grub Screw and then you choose the length you want.

A really. REALLY good hardware store would have them, but most won't.

Amazon is where I bought mine.

Last edited:
Go with John Mann, one of the original PRS guys.
Those are probably as good as it gets, but unfortunately things get pretty expensive when ordering stuff from US to Europe, so I went with another brand.

You can just buy some shorter adjustment screws. Amazon has them. They are a metric M3 size Grub Screw and then you choose the length you want.
Already did, I just filed them shorter. It did the job to an extent, but them problem was also with the saddle pieces themselves, which have some sharp edges.

I bought a Silver Sky SE recently and while I'm pleased with the sounds and the build quality, there's an issue with the bridge saddles: The edges of the saddles had some nasty sharp "jaggies" and the saddle adjustment screws were a bit too long and they also had sharp edges. I had to file both the saddles and screws a bit to prevent them from cutting into my palm (and I mean it, there would have blood around if I hadn't). They are much better now, but still quite far from the comfortness of the ones I've gotten used to on a PRS SE Custom 24.

I'd like to know if anyone has switched the saddles and also get some options from which to choose. For example, Graph Tech seems to have some saddles that at least fit "vintage style ST models" but of course I'd need to measure the ones on the SSSE to be sure.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks.
I've done this mod to my Core SS's and my SE. I use the Core saddles from the PRS accessory site. I would imagine they have a European site or vendor (Maybe Andersons's) that you could get from. Check out my posts about it for pictures. Good luck.

I've done this mod to my Core SS's and my SE. I use the Core saddles from the PRS accessory site. I would imagine they have a European site or vendor (Maybe Andersons's) that you could get from. Check out my posts about it for pictures. Good luck.
Does the core saddle fit the the small channels under the High and Low E strings?

Just to mention it, I tested the bridge and saddles on my SE Silver Sky with a magnet and they are steel.

Just like they would be on old Fenders from the 50's and 60's.

They're worth keeping.

Mine are not sharp but a small fine file and some emery cloth ought to fix yours right up.

If the ht. adjustment screws are sticking out the top of the saddle they're too long.

Takes an assortment of at least three lengths of ht. adjustment screws to get SS and Strat saddles right.

I want the screw just below the top surface of each saddle once the ht. is adjusted, so I can't feel it at all.

Sometimes I'll have to switch from a longer screw to a shorter one after I've set up the guitar just so I won't feel the screw sticking up.

A little more work but it makes the bridge feel a lot nicer against my hand.

Last edited:
Does the core saddle fit the the small channels under the High and Low E strings?
Yes. I have no issues with seating of the height screws on my SE with the CORE Saddles. On my USA Silver Sky, the low E CORE saddle did seat a little above the groove. But it didn't produce any movement/wiggle and made no bearing on playability.

John Mann's Guitar Vault now has SE Saddles on their site. Different finish selections as well. At the time of my SE project, they weren't available. I also don't have any experience with the Mann made Saddles yet. I'm going to order a set and see the difference, if any, for myself. I hope this was helpful.

John Mann's Guitar Vault is proud to announce the launch of SE Silver Sky block upgrades in Steel and Brass by MannMade USA!

Click on images to purchase!

Fatten the mid range tone and sustain!
Replaces stock Molded Steel Block, no modification required.

• Fits PRS SE Silver Sky 2-Point Steel Tremolo Bridges (111149:001:002)
  • Comes complete with 3 Stainless Steel screws & pre-sized Arm Bushing (4.5mm dia)
  • Bridge Top Plate, Saddles, Arm, hardware not included.
  • Designed & Manufactured in the USA by MannMade USA

We also have saddle sets for SE Silver Sky's as well!

Last edited:
John Mann's Guitar Vault is proud to announce the launch of SE Silver Sky block upgrades in Steel and Brass by our sister company MannMade USA!

Click on images to purchase!

Fatten the mid range tone and sustain!
Replaces stock Molded Steel Block, no modification required.

• Fits PRS SE Silver Sky 2-Point Steel Tremolo Bridges (111149:001:002)
  • Comes complete with 3 Stainless Steel screws & pre-sized Arm Bushing (4.5mm dia)
  • Bridge Top Plate, Saddles, Arm, hardware not included.
  • Designed & Manufactured in the USA by MannMade USA

We also have saddle sets for SE Silver Sky's as well!

My wish came true! I'll definitely be upgrading my block. Thanks, Mannmade folks!

Back