Silver sky pickguard

JMaster

I recently got a silver sky and love it but noticed when I rest my palm on the pickguard, above the bridge pickup, there is a plastic pop when I lift up. Anybody experience this, or mind trying on your own? It’s near the edge straight across from the bridge screw. It’s definitely not static and since it’s on the edge there is nothing under it but wood so I’m not having grounding issues. I contacted PRs but hate to send it in if others are like this. I thought it might be from a lack of an extra screw being there like most f guitars have. I appreciate any insight. I’ve followed this forum for awhile but never posted and knew you guys could help.

Yeah it just sounds like the plastic popping back into place. It’s not super loud but you can hear it. I know some people don’t rest their hand there when playing so didn’t know if it was my playing style.

Rusty chos not sure why I can’t see your post on the forum, only in email, but it’s just one pop. Not electrical. I have another Strat that pops all the time so I know how that goes.

Rusty chos not sure why I can’t see your post on the forum, only in email, but it’s just one pop. Not electrical. I have another Strat that pops all the time so I know how that goes.

I deleted it for stupidity content. You’d already said it wasn’t static.
I was about to suggest a dryer sheet, but in rereading your original post I thought I could cover my doddering geezerness with a quick delete, but it seems crimes of stupidity always find you out on the web, FaceBook or not.

I also am experiencing a rattling sound when moving the guitar that’s coming from inside the knobs. I took the knobs off and everything looks fine. Anybody experienced this?

I've been hearing as crackling out of my guitar. I realized just touching my pickguard causes the crackling. At first, I thought it was a bad patch cable, but just touching the pickguard causes the crackling.

I am going to take the pickguard off and hit it with the anti-static gun I bought for records.

I've been hearing as crackling out of my guitar. I realized just touching my pickguard causes the crackling. At first, I thought it was a bad patch cable, but just touching the pickguard causes the crackling.

I am going to take the pickguard off and hit it with the anti-static gun I bought for records.
I've read that some people use an anti static dryer sheet as well.

Back