Silver Sky neck to headstock joint

Revelation

I have seen this on several Silver Sky's where they put a strip of wood that is part of the headstock and glue it into the neck. I have not seen any other company that does this. This is standard on Silver Sky? I am not aware of other PRS guitars doing this.

VYupKfX.jpg

Before the internet, everyone thought scarf joints were great. Stronger than a single piece of wood, used by high end makers (like Taylor as mentioned) etc. But somewhere along the line, somebody on the net said they were “cheap” and caused erectile dysfunction, and the rest is history.

Before the internet, everyone thought scarf joints were great. Stronger than a single piece of wood, used by high end makers (like Taylor as mentioned) etc. But somewhere along the line, somebody on the net said they were “cheap” and caused erectile dysfunction, and the rest is history.
They do waste less wood. But that's a good thing. Right?

The good news for investors was that Pfizer stock went up when Taylor went to finger joints in the late '90s, and again when they switched to scarf joints in 2007.

The internet meltdown over the Silver Sky was also excellent for Pfizer investors, I'm told.

The good news for investors was that Pfizer stock went up when Taylor went to finger joints in the late '90s, and again when they switched to scarf joints in 2007.

The internet meltdown over the Silver Sky was also excellent for Pfizer investors, I'm told.
Truth be known, and I’m going to delete this after my close friends here read it, I am a stockholder in Pfizer. I actually don’t even play guitar, but I hang out in guitar forums just to spread rumors about scarf joints just to help my portfolio. Don’t tell anyone and please don’t copy this post, so I can delete it before the SEC, or SPCA, sees it.

Truth be known, and I’m going to delete this after my close friends here read it, I am a stockholder in Pfizer. I actually don’t even play guitar, but I hang out in guitar forums just to spread rumors about scarf joints just to help my portfolio. Don’t tell anyone and please don’t copy this post, so I can delete it before the SEC, or SPCA, sees it.
Too late!

I have seen this on several Silver Sky's where they put a strip of wood that is part of the headstock and glue it into the neck. I have not seen any other company that does this. This is standard on Silver Sky? I am not aware of other PRS guitars doing this.

VYupKfX.jpg
Yes, my 2018 first 500 has a scarf joint. They all do, and I'm very much OK with that. :)

Back