Silver Sky Moc Sand Satin?!

Jguerrero225

I just saw on Guitar center and musiciansfriend that one of the colors for the SS is going to be Moc Sand Satin. It is showing for both the rosewood and maple neck version.
How come this is the first I am hearing about it? It is not advertised on PRS' website. Seems new for 2021. I guess they didn't want to steal too much of the spot light from the Lunar Ice.

Any thoughts?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/Jo...atin-1500000337994.gc?rNtt=silver sky&index=1

1) It is in the product catalog which can be found in the customer support tab of the website. Moc Sand gloss is discontinued.

2) A likely reason it is not on the page yet is the site crashed on the night of the reveal party about a week ago or so. For many days after, and likely still even now, they have been fixing glitches here and there. The color choice menu for the silver sky is probably one of the stragglers they have not gotten to yet.

I’m hoping it will be the thin satin with no filler like they do with the S2 line but I’m guessing not since they’re advertised at the same price.

I just saw this come up on the Official Silver Sky Thread and someone mentioned that it was the neck that would be satin and not the body finish. Does anyone know if it is a satin body or neck that makes this Moc Sand different than the 2020 version?

I just saw this come up on the Official Silver Sky Thread and someone mentioned that it was the neck that would be satin and not the body finish. Does anyone know if it is a satin body or neck that makes this Moc Sand different than the 2020 version?
I'm no authority but considering the maple neck is satin and that option is standard, it doesn't make sense for them to advertise a satin neck specifically for the moc sand, my gut is it's the body that is satin.

I'm no authority but considering the maple neck is satin and that option is standard, it doesn't make sense for them to advertise a satin neck specifically for the moc sand, my gut is it's the body that is satin.
Makes perfect sense. I haven't thought of it that way because I've been focused on the rosewood neck. I just wish there were official pictures or more info out there. I was about to pull the trigger on a regular Moc Sand but figured I should wait and compare it with the satin.

I hear ya, the gloss moc sand is a pretty muted color anyway, so I doubt the production photos would look a ton different, it will be more about the feel.

Official moc sand SATIN pic from the prs website. Guitar Center said it would ship preorders around May 1st.
silver_sky_rosewood_2021_moc_sand_satin.jpg

Last edited:
Back