Seymour Duncan P-Rail?

littlebadboy

I have an S2 Standard 22.

Anybody tried a Seymour Duncan P-Rail, especially on neck position, on your PRSi? Or, should I just keep my orig?

I've never tried one, but they seem incredibly versatile. Both sides of the pickup are splittable, so having a P-rail, a blade single coil and a P-90-ish option at each pickup position sounds like the best of most worlds. Ty Tabor had a signature guitar loaded with P-rails a while back, if not currently. Try them and let us know!

I have a neck position one. It’s cool but, it really only seems to do P90 really well, and the bucker and single coil tones are somewhat compromised.

I had it in a CE22 and an SE SC for awhile.

I have a neck position one. It’s cool but, it really only seems to do P90 really well, and the bucker and single coil tones are somewhat compromised.

I had it in a CE22 and an SE SC for awhile.
Thanks for sharing your first hand experience! I am looking at using it at the neck position too. Does the bucker mode really sound bad? Well, I'm just after the P-90 sound anyway and didn't like the hum of a single coil.

Thanks for sharing your first hand experience! I am looking at using it at the neck position too. Does the bucker mode really sound bad? Well, I'm just after the P-90 sound anyway and didn't like the hum of a single coil.

I wouldn’t say it sounds really bad, just not really great compared to some of the other SD pickups.

I’d offer to send you mine but it’s white.

I wouldn’t say it sounds really bad, just not really great compared to some of the other SD pickups.

I’d offer to send you mine but it’s white.
Thank you for the offer, but yeah... my S2 is black.

Well, if the humbucker is not so good sounding, then I guess it's not the best bang for my buck... especially that I'm always on a budget on a meager salary.

I'll keep my original for now and search for a good neck.

I had one in the bridge position. Like Sergio, it did the P90 tone well but lacked in the single and humbucker positions.
Thanks for sharing. I still like full humbuckers for bridge.

I wonder how PRS \m/ compares with Gibson's Dirty Fingers.

Thank you for the offer, but yeah... my S2 is black.

Well, if the humbucker is not so good sounding, then I guess it's not the best bang for my buck... especially that I'm always on a budget on a meager salary.

I'll keep my original for now and search for a good and versatile neck humbucker that won't break the bank.

I had a set in an SG. They did okay at everything, but weren’t great at anything.

Decided that just because I am a jack of all trades, master of none, doesn’t mean I should settle for the same when it came to my guitar.

Back