Hot Rails in SE Silver Sky...uhhhh now a Little '59.

Mondoslug

Greetings!

Other than the fact that I'm probably going to hate it...just doing it so I can mess around with it until I take it in & have it routed for a Humbucker...

Duncan Hot Rail in the Bridge...am I going Green to Switch, Black to Ground or Black to Switch, Green to Ground - just trying to avoid it being out of phase with the PRS pickups and having to re-do it if possible. I'm not looking to split the coils. Thanks!!!

Survey says...Green to the switch. I found out the hard way. I got a little bit sideways but I got it wired up.
We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.

I know just enough to get it wrong. :) I hadn't messed with changing pickups in an electric in a while, figured it'd give me something to do.
Apparently I ordered the neck/middle Hot rails by mistake instead of the Bridge which really, I was curious about doing anyway because it's 10.4 k which I thought might be a better match but it was an accident. I don't like it, kinda flat. It actually sounds decent combined with the middle but by itself I dunno, not enough spank. I yanked it. To be continued...
Hot-Rails.jpg

The SE SS needs a humbucker in the bridge, I concur, I just ordered an Tone Zone S to try in mine, if that doesn’t get me there then I will break out the router and put in a proper humbucker. ;)

The SE SS needs a humbucker in the bridge, I concur, I just ordered an Tone Zone S to try in mine, if that doesn’t get me there then I will break out the router and put in a proper humbucker. ;)
Cool dude...look forward to seeing how that works out for ya!

The Little '59 sounds pretty good, not too bad clean and overdriven kinda does the thing nicely.
By the time I'm done throwing money at it with single coil size Humbuckers, I could have probably just had it routed for a full size Humbucker & be done with it but anyway, this pickup sounds pretty good.
Lil-59.jpg

Back