New Pickups in my Core Floyd but can't figure out the Wiring, Diagram on PRS site is wrong. At least what came in mine.

JeffsRealm

So a year ago, bought PRS Core Floyd, brand new. While I love how it plays I am not a huge fan of the Metal Pickups. Just trying to do a swap out with my favorite Suhr pickups. Just leaving in the same switching just dropping in new pickups nothing else. Suhr just uses the Standard Duncan Color codes FYI. Nothing mysterious about it.

Can anyone tell me what color wires on the PRS Metal Pickups do? If I had to guess
Bare shielding is Ground
White is North Hot
Black or Red is North Cold
Black Or Red is South Hot
Green South Cold

Can Anyone confirm?

Here is what is really confusing to me is this is the official PRS Floyd Wiring Diagram, Which is wrong. There is no mention of a green wire yet my Metal Pickups pickups have a green wire.

Here is the PRS Diagram with my added notes on what's different.
8xQ5gBi.jpg

Here is a picture of the inside of the PRS Cavity,
tZzZyng.jpg

What I am thinking I need to do is on the Suhr.
Run the Bare to the volume pot.
A - Black
B - Red And White
C - Green
D - Red And White
E - Green
F - Black

Can anyone confirm or correct me?

Ok so I did wire it up this way and got kind of a happy accident Maybe the wiring, or maybe PRS on the Metal pickups reversed the north and south

A - Black
B - Red And White
C - Green
D - Red And White
E - Green
F - Black

My Coil splits are reversed

So I have
Pos 1 - Full Bridge Humbucker
Pos 2 - Full Bridge and Closest To the Neck Single Coil
Pos 3 - Full Bridge and Neck Humbuckers
Pos 4 - Closest To The Bridge Single Coil and Closest To the Neck Single Coil
Pos 5 - Full Neck Humbucker

Maybe flip The Black and and the White? This would mean PRS Metal Pickups are using Duncan Color codes?

Oh but the pickups really brought this guitar to life. Metal pickups were just too muddy for me I just prefer a Floyd for a bridge and Pattern thin necks. Then Suhr DSH+ in Bridge Like a Hotter PAF but with a lot of clarity. Then Suhr DSV In the Neck.

Last edited:
Cool!

But a little confused: isn't the DSH hotter than the DSV+? How does that work out? Is there even an DSH neck??

Ok so I did wire it up this way and got kind of a happy accident Maybe the wiring, or maybe PRS on the Metal pickups reversed the north and south

A - Black
B - Red And White
C - Green
D - Red And White
E - Green
F - Black

My Coil splits are reversed

So I have
Pos 1 - Full Bridge Humbucker
Pos 2 - Full Bridge and Closest To the Neck Single Coil
Pos 3 - Full Bridge and Neck Humbuckers
Pos 4 - Closest To The Bridge Single Coil and Closest To the Neck Single Coil
Pos 5 - Full Neck Humbucker

Maybe flip The Black and and the White? This would mean PRS Metal Pickups are using Duncan Color codes?

Oh but the pickups really brought this guitar to life. Metal pickups were just too muddy for me I just prefer a Floyd for a bridge and Pattern thin necks. Then Suhr DSH+ in Bridge Like a Hotter PAF but with a lot of clarity. Then Suhr DSV In the Neck.
I got a deal on a '00 CE22 because the owner had removed the pickups and messed up the wiring.

I like the Dragon I pickups in my other CE's and wanted to put something similar in it.

I knew that whatever I got wouldn't be the same as the Dragon I's.

So I put a set of Suhr SSH+ and SSV pickups in it a few weeks ago.

Now I reach for my CE with the Suhrs more often than my CE's with the Dragon I's.

The Suhrs have a little more of a chewy quality to the sound. More organic I guess.

Like a 50's PAF, except the SSH+ bridge pickup is loud, deep and gets a great tone with an overdrive pedal...like a Dragon I.

Great tone too.

Last edited:
Those suhr PUs are pretty good, liked the SSV in the bridge of one of my guitars

Back