SE Standard 24-08

If I hadn't been such a PRS rookie when I got my SE Custom, the 24-08 would have been my choice. Not that I'm sorry, but there's more tonal choice in the 24-08. Great call!

If I hadn't been such a PRS rookie when I got my SE Custom, the 24-08 would have been my choice. Not that I'm sorry, but there's more tonal choice in the 24-08. Great call!
I’m really liking it. It was a tough decision, so many other SE models to choose from.

This one fills the void the I had, and what I sold to get this doesn’t even compare, probably more SE models in the future.

Last edited:
I’m really liking it. It was a tough decision, so many other SE models to choose from.

This one fills the void the I had, and what I sold to get this doesn’t even compare, probably more SE models in the future.
I'm slowly becoming more specific when buying more guitars or gear. I still get that damn GAS thing but am managing to be a bit more frugal in my choices. Not that I've made many huge blunders so far, but there have been a couple I do want to forget.
It's hard to go wrong with a 24-08, it's just got more to offer than the Standard or Custom 24s do. Very much the same feel and play style, just more tonal options as I said previously. On a do-over, I would jump all over one!

It's hard to go wrong with a 24-08, it's just got more to offer than the Standard or Custom 24s do. Very much the same feel and play style, just more tonal options as I said previously. On a do-over, I would jump all over one!

It's nice to be able to have the humbucker and a split together, but it's not difficult to add more options to the Cu24. You could swap out the 3way blade to a 5 way, a freeway 10way, or add a toggle(s). Toggles are one thing on core to have the divets, but on se zing zing! :) Of course swapping out the blade would be the easiest, quickest, and reversible.

I'm slowly becoming more specific when buying more guitars or gear. I still get that damn GAS thing but am managing to be a bit more frugal in my choices. Not that I've made many huge blunders so far, but there have been a couple I do want to forget.
I feel that way about effects, chasing a tone that’s really more guitar than anything.

Amps are my next target, really a lot of to choose from, I’m just really happy I’m playing again and enjoying what I’ve acquired.

I feel that way about effects, chasing a tone that’s really more guitar than anything.

Amps are my next target, really a lot of to choose from, I’m just really happy I’m playing again and enjoying what I’ve acquired.
I'd put the player and amp for tone before the guitar.. though I'm a heck of a lot more inspired with my PRS than xyz.

Last edited:
I really enjoy my 24 08. I got it home and found Suhr thornbuckers in it. I added core locking tuners and a brass block. It sings.

Back