SE Piezo wiring question: push/pull with outside coils in series

Nice F Holes

I know there’s not much info out yet on these guitars. PRS doesn’t have a schematic on their site yet but I sent an email asking about it. I was wondering if anyone has any idea if I’d be able to wire in a push/pull pot so I can drop a coil from each humbucker and put them in series with each other.

The part I don’t know about is the Piezo circuit. I know how to do the wiring for the mag pups but idk how/where the Piezo ties in. Do the mag pups go through the circuit board as well? I hope not!

If anyone has info on anything similar with a PRS Piezo system I’d love to hear about it.

Thanks!

PRS customer support said the SE HB Piezo is similar to the US HB Piezo, just with a simpler Piezo design. So it sounds like the USA Piezo diagram should be enough to figure out where things tie in. I’ll report back when I start digging in. I may wait a little while to get comfortable and learn my new guitar before making changes, but I also have a strange habit of getting new things and taking them apart, so we’ll see!

I'm guessing, but I thought the humbuckers were only 2 wire.
That being said, I found a local guy to split one for me a while back.

They're four-wire based on CipherHost's explorations, which he documented in a different thread.

Back