SE HOLLOWBODY II PIEZO battery life

old guitar guy

Goes thru batteries kinda fast, If I let it sit for a few days or a week, the piezo jack doesn't work when I check the battery its dead. Is this normal should the battery be removed if the guitar isn't played for some time. I don't leave a cord plugged in.

I've had mine for just over a year now. I pretty much only use the mix/piezo jack and it's plugged in about 2 to 3 hours most days. I'm on my 4th battery.

Unfortunately, i think you need to get yours looked at.

If you have electronics skills I’d put a current meter in series and see if there’s parasitic draw, but otherwise ya that’s faster than any PRS piezo guitar I’ve had and would be concerning.

If you have electronics skills I’d put a current meter in series and see if there’s parasitic draw, but otherwise ya that’s faster than any PRS piezo guitar I’ve had and would be concerning.
Hooked up a meter in series with the battery shows 0.0 milliamps without cable plugged in, with cable 3.07 ma. Installed a good battery gonna check it every day for a week or so with no cable plugged in and see what happens. Got no problem leaving battery out until piezo is needed dont really use it that much. Piezo thru a regular guitar amp only sounds average, played thru my Carvin AG100D acoustic amp sound is excellent.

There have been a couple posts about this issue since these came out, including mine.

You'll have to open a service request with PTC to resolve it. My SE HB II Piezo is on the way back after they replaced the electronic board, and said there was a short in the battery cut off, so the battery was basically on all the time and only lasted a week after replacing.

The PTC will fix you up! Can't wait to get mine back.

That's the case with any pre amp equipped guitar. Unplug after use!!
Gotta unplug those, unfortunately.

The OP mentioned that there is no cord plugged in when not in use, yet the battery dies quickly anyway.

There have been a couple posts about this issue since these came out, including mine.

You'll have to open a service request with PTC to resolve it. My SE HB II Piezo is on the way back after they replaced the electronic board, and said there was a short in the battery cut off, so the battery was basically on all the time and only lasted a week after replacing.

The PTC will fix you up! Can't wait to get mine back.
This sounds like the same issue - not a surprise that more than one guitar is impacted.

Back