SE Custom Price

decap

Hi guys

I am currently trying to sell the vintage sunburst prs se custom 24 i purchased last december. I'm looking to purchase a bernie marsden signature.
I was wondering if i could get some advice on what i should be asking in terms of price. I purchased it from guitar paradise in melbourne (i live in qld so it was an online purchase) for $800 + $50 shipping (I will not be going back there again). It wasn't actually the finish i wanted, as i had ordered the tobacco sunburst advertised on their website but it turned out the only finish the australian prs supplier had was the vsb. An issue I had with the guitar they sent, the veneer looked like it had been botched. It has quite out of place looking runs down the length of the body ( is this actually an acceptable product?). Now I would have sent it back but I would have been looking at an extra $100 for freight and then whether or not they would replace it blah blah.
I used the guitar for about two months then I purchased an Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue and the cu24 went back in the gig bag until last week. The cu24 is in the same condition I received it in, which is brand new.
Currently I have it advertised for $650 aud. What do you guys think of the price, is it reasonable or should i adjust it?

heres the ad i have for it
http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1075654308

Thanks in Advance

edit: changed sale price to $550aud

Last edited:
You may find your post edited, since PRS discourages pricing talk, even on used item, for models currently available.

However, that current adjusted price seems reasonable to me, knowing what the current exchange rate is, and what your new price was. But as always, something is only worth what people are willing to pay.

Those "finish runs" down the body seem to be a natural effect of the flamed maple veneer, and they look acceptable - some may even like it. But your photos aren't quite good enough to tell.

Good luck!

Thanks shinksma mate, I really appreciate the input. Yea I don't really know much about pricing when it comes to guitars and amp resale, even on a percentage scale. I was thinking about it before, maybe a routine of dropping by a third of the buy price - what ever that may be. I'd have googled it but when you start talking about far east resale value I'd assume it gets a bit hairy.
I definitely do not want to be rocking the boat around here though.
thanks again

Unfortunately, I've found that I never get what I think my gear is worth selling used. For example, I had a combo amp that was normally $900+tax new, got it out the door for about $850. Tried to sell locally but no serious offers, ended up selling it on the bay for $550, and of course took a hit for eBay fees. I felt that $650 would've been a fair price, but in the end it's only worth what people are willing to pay!

Your situation could work to your advantage though, if that guitar is hard to get where you are, people might be willing to pay more.

Thanks for the reply andy474x.I see what you're say, "only worth what people are willing to pay" is a great saying. That must have been pretty tough to let that amp go for that price, but if you wanna sell.
Hopefully I sell it for more than $100 p;
Cheers mate ;]

Yea I've discovered I really like hard tails, I'm not saying I don't like the SE Custom 24 but more of a bender than a wobbler.
From what I've researched so far it's a pretty sick guitar and I'm REALLY looking forward to the buy!!
I wish that PRS would maybe send some LTD finishes down our way in australia though, maybe even giving the guitars we buy the same attention they get here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa3LD3PYSgU

edit: Oh hey wow, I watched your review for the bernie last week, you did a great job!!

Back