SE 24 Custom, 35 Year Anniversary Edition arrives.

Looks great! I also will be putting black pickup rings and switch tip on mine, I think it looks better with the Black Gold finish.

Regards,

Jim

Looks great! I also will be putting black pickup rings and switch tip on mine, I think it looks better with the Black Gold finish.

Nice to hear that you liked it!
If you're going to swap out the white / cream / yellow'ish pickup rings and you have a SE 24 Custom (don't know if there is a difference in Standard vs Custom), be aware that there are two types, one straight and one with a slightly slanted angle.
I first purchased the:

PRS SE Humbucker Straight Pickup Rings, Black

As I thought the ones that came with the guitar looked pretty straight, but when I tried putting on the new black ones, I noticed that the humbucker's angle weren't aligned with the rings, and the rings didn't align with the bridge and neck either. (Basically the body / top, duh...)

They where in fact a tiny bit slanted, so I thought, OK, I'll get the sanding paper and adjust the rings, but instead, choose to return them and get these instead:

PRS SE Humbucker Slant Pickup Rings, Black
The new ones aligned perfectly with both the pickups, bridge and neck angle, in other words, with the guitar top!

I'll post an image that shows what I mean with the rings aligning to the pickup angle and that stuff if it was unclear, just say the word.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, I will double check what I ordered! Oh and I'm also getting the black knobs, sorry that it will look just like yours, but we are over 6000 km apart so they will not be seen together :)

Oh and I'm also getting the black knobs, sorry that it will look just like yours, but we are over 6000 km apart so they will not be seen together :)

You copycat traitor, you!!

No worries, even if we did, most people would probably think that it was the standard design.
In fact, I think it looks much more balanced and "neutral" in black, vs white / cream pickup rings, a slightly different white color on the pickup selector-tip and brown / golden / red'ish knobs for tone and volume.

Back