SC245 tuner options

wah-wah

Hi!
Bought my third PRS a qouple of weeks ago, a 2008 SC245. Previous owner swapped the original tuners for a new set of Gotohs since one of the original tuners ceased to function properly.
Would a set of Phase II or Phase III fit if I decided to go for a locking-tuner upgrade? My CE22 has the Phase II locking tuners and I prefer those to the vintage style tuners.

//Fredrik

SC245.jpg

Not without drilling. I had a Prs with vintage tuners and I put in locking tuners for AllParts. They worked great however I had to take it to a luthier and have the hole slightly reamed because they were not the standard 10 mm hole.

Hipshot locking tuners should fit, and they`re American made. I have them on several PRS`s.

Thank you for the answers. I really appreciate all the input on the matter.

I forgot about hipshot, you can get the adapter so no drilling ...

Does anyone have any pics of heir PRS with the hipshot tuners?

I changed my sc245 tuners for the locking Gotoh, the locking is fiddly and not worth the swap having done it, it's probably quicker to replace strings on the original tuner.

Does anyone have any pics of heir PRS with the hipshot tuners?

I changed my sc245 tuners for the locking Gotoh, the locking is fiddly and not worth the swap having done it, it's probably quicker to replace strings on the original tuner.

I have gotoh lockers on my McCarty and I don't like them for the same reason.

I ordered a set from all parts i had the package with the part number on it but i cant find it of course the wife has no idea lol but any way they fit perfect holes lined up and they have the thumbscrews on the back so string change is a breeze and i think rhey were only like 60 bux if ur still looking message me and ill try to find the part number for u

I put Gotoh locking vintage tuners on my Singlecut. It took all of 5 minutes to swap them. They replaced the originals exactly and I can swap back if I ever need to (I don't know why I would though).

Back