Satch Pics

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
A couple pics from the Joe Satriani show a couple weeks back...

Satch2130.jpg

Satch2145.jpg

Satch2152.jpg

Satch2149.jpg

The Extremist is THE guitar instrumental record in book. Joe's a monster and his influence is everywhere. The day I see a JS1000 in Burnt Transparent Blue minty fresh for a reasonable price it's mine. That's one of those guitars from my youth that as an adult I must own.

Took my son to see Joe at the Orpheum in Boston last month...20 years after seeing him there on the Extremist tour (Gotta agree with you Jesse...GREAT album). He is truly amazing on the guitar. And Jesse...my JS1000 is the grey/black one ...it needs a new home before my 408 arrives... ;)

...The day I see a JS1000 in Burnt Transparent Blue minty fresh for a reasonable price it's mine. That's one of those guitars from my youth that as an adult I must own.
Good move. I was just celebrating Ibanez Appreciation Day last week. A JS1200 did the trick....
ibanez.jpg

The Extremist is THE guitar instrumental record in book. Joe's a monster and his influence is everywhere. The day I see a JS1000 in Burnt Transparent Blue minty fresh for a reasonable price it's mine. That's one of those guitars from my youth that as an adult I must own.

Look at his former students that have had some level of success; Kirk Hammet, Steve Vai, David Bryson or Counting Crows, Kevin Cadogon of Third Eye Blind, Larry LaLonde of Primus, Alex Sholnick, Rick Hunolt, Phil Kettner of Laaz Rockit, Geoff Tyson of T-Ride, David Turin, and Eric Kauschen. I don't think anyone has been successful and had that many students be successful. The other thing that really sticks out in my mind is the variety of music all these people play, which goes to show how good of a teacher he is. I heard in an interview he stated that he had to be able to get these guys to tell them what they wanted to learn and he had to be able to teach them that. Most of could teach some one to do what music we play, but it does take some one truely great to teach like that.

Most people on this song rave about Joe's solo...

http://youtu.be/WqGWAxho5pY

Interesting that you mention Vai, because coincidentally, one of my friends did some arranging for him at his studio, and sent me this picture. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

And yes, there IS a PRS on that wall. Look under the point of the heart guitar.

Pay attention to Mr. Weiner. Rocking some nice PRS. And an SE Angelus with a couple Spider capos.

Back