Sam Ash closing

I purchased my Martin J-40 from Sam Ash in 2020 and it was a good transaction. Sorry to see another brick and mortar bite the dust! I just read an article yesterday about Guitar Center changing up their stores to be more "welcoming" to all levels of players. The thing I found really cool in that article though was them saying that the current CEO (who I think just came on board in 2023) worked shifts at various GC locations when he first came on board to see how things ran at the store level. I thought that was a great example of leadership and how to really understand your company.

Crap! Always liked visiting the local GC and Sam Ash which are right next door to each other…great way to kill an afternoon. There’s absolutely something special about being able to pick up a guitar and plug it in before you buy, try it out with different amps, etc.

Sux to see this even though I never find a darn thing in Sam Ash. I was just looking at their terms, all sales are final no returns. 30% off a se isn't gonna cut it. I'd rather support Dave's. Just sayin..

The end of an era...
Nope. The era ended when they opened the second store.
It was pretty much all downhill from that point on.

In the early '60s I bought my first really good guitar (A Gibson ES 335 TDC.) from Sam Ash Music.
The store was located at 236 Utica Ave. in the Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn.

Last edited:
temp-Image-CRpm-CF.avif

Back