S2 Standard 22 PU covers needed

Gizmo

Anyone have a set of chrome PU covers for S2 Standard 22 they would like to sell? I bought mine used and apparently the previous owner took the covers off. I have never seen a photo of one without the covers & I think they look better with the chrome than bare black bobbins. If it had zebra coils, well that would be a different story.

The covers on mine are nickel not chrome if that matters. There is a difference if you look closely. Nickel has a yellow cast look to them whereas the chrome has a blue cast look. The tuners on the S2 are chrome though.

If you measure the distance between the two outer screw pole pieces (high E and low E strings) that distance will tell you the pole spacing. (my guess would be 50mm) Since the PU's are made in Korea the measurement will be in millimeters. You can just order a set of covers in whatever finish you like. I have ues these and found them to be nice.

https://www.philadelphialuthiertool...ickup-cover-nickel-plated-nickel-silver-50mm/

Be sure to order nickel silver as the base metal as some of the cheaper covers have brass as their base metal which attenuates the highs. All covers attenuate the highs to some degree but the nickel silver ones are considered the most transparent letting nearly all of the uncovered tone of the pickup through.

The covers on mine are nickel not chrome if that matters. There is a difference if you look closely. Nickel has a yellow cast look to them whereas the chrome has a blue cast look. The tuners on the S2 are chrome though.

If you measure the distance between the two outer screw pole pieces (high E and low E strings) that distance will tell you the pole spacing. (my guess would be 50mm) Since the PU's are made in Korea the measurement will be in millimeters. You can just order a set of covers in whatever finish you like. I have ues these and found them to be nice.

https://www.philadelphialuthiertool...ickup-cover-nickel-plated-nickel-silver-50mm/

Be sure to order nickel silver as the base metal as some of the cheaper covers have brass as their base metal which attenuates the highs. All covers attenuate the highs to some degree but the nickel silver ones are considered the most transparent letting nearly all of the uncovered tone of the pickup through.

Thanks.

Back