S2 McCarty 594 toggle wonky

TexGoneNW

The newest guitar in my corral is a lovely S2 McCarty 594. Plays and sounds great, but I have occasional problems when switching to the neck pickup, it's either dead or a very weak signal. I have heard of others having this problem, and heard that the route may be too small for a Switchcraft retrofit/upgrade. I've only had this guitar a couple of months - is there a warranty fix for this, and if so, is it just a like-kind replacement? I would think if this is a common problem with that particular switch, maybe the search is on for a different switch that's a little more reliable.

I do realize that some of the components used in S2 series is what keeps the cost down, but hopefully not at the sacrifice of reliability. It's tough for live performance when the switch gives up the signal.

First and easiest thing would be to try and clean it, next would be check contact points make a good connection, and the third and imo best solution would be put a swrichcrafr in it and be done.

I had a bad pickup switch on my new S2 594 Singlecut. It started making trouble almost right away; it was noisy when switched, and my treble pickup would be half-volume, or nothing, intermittently. I replaced it with another identical switch. (They're a common design, since I'm guessing that many import guitars use them.)

Back