S2 594 after two weeks... Still in lust! :)

MPH426

It's been a couple of weeks now and I'm still amazed, amused, dazed and confused! (Not really on the confused part... it just sounded good. :cool: There are times when I'm playing it I just bust out laughing. This thing sounds incredible. It makes me laugh at my mistakes and really lets me know what I need to work on! :rolleyes:

I did pick up a set of locking tuners for it. The ratio a bit less than factory, but it's okay by me. What I like best is that I can clip the string and set the end flush with the tuning peg hole. No more skewered fingers! Not that it was a big problem, just a big pain when it happened.

The back of the head stock looks a bit messy, but who looks at that? :D I did take a magic marker and blacked out the bare wood rings left from the OE tuner screw holes.

It was a bit of a challenge to get the new tuners lined up properly. I had a couple of small straight edges left over from my days as a machinist, they helped emencely. I was able to line the pegs parallel to each other and perpendicular to the neck. Once lined up, just give it a good press for a starting point for the drill. I used an .080 drill for the boss on the back of the turners, it's diameter is .087 so it work out really well for a nice press fit.

Just another 2¢

New We need pics. Which tuners did you get?
Anyone have a good recommendation for a free site to post them?

I got the PRS S2/CE turners. I took pics before, during and after the job.

I'll post 'em later tonight or tomorrow. I've got bowling in 15 minutes. Good think I live withing five minutes of the Alley. Maybe I'll see Lebowski (The Dude). LOL

Anyone have a good recommendation for a free site to post them?

I got the PRS S2/CE turners. I took pics before, during and after the job.

I'll post 'em later tonight or tomorrow. I've got bowling in 15 minutes. Good think I live withing five minutes of the Alley. Maybe I'll see Lebowski (The Dude). LOL
Imgur

Unfortunately Imgur want's a cell phone number. I Ain't got one that I can give out. I figure something out. :)

Here's the pics. Sorry, I didn't start taking them 'till I was half way done.

Half & half
C-010.jpg
C-008.jpg

C-003.jpg
C-004.jpg

Back