Rock, Roll, And Proud Papahood

László

Too Many Notes
I'm excited to tell you guys that my son Jamie engineered the new 30 Seconds to Mars album called 'Love Lust Faith + Dreams'. The single started getting airplay today, and it sounds HUGE. The album was co-produced by Jared Leto alongside producing legend Steve Lillywhite.

The single is called, 'Up In The Air'. I really like it. It'll be out on iTunes tonight. I'll post a link in case anyone wants to check it out.

Jamie assisted on the last album, 'This is War,' however, this is his first solo engineering gig on a major label record (Capitol). I think it'll do well.

Obligatory single artwork (the album will have a cover done by Damien Hirst!):

upintheair-artwork_zps79029f22.png

Last edited:
This is War is such a great album - start to finish. Looking forward to hearing the latest installment of 30STM.

Downloadable now on iTunes. The versions were specially mastered for iTunes from the 24/192 master. So my son tells me. I'm very excited to have this!

Last edited:
Congrats! I bet he's excited!

I've been a big fan of 30 Seconds to Mars since I saw them at The Troc in Philly back in '05. They were as amazing in that small venue as they were in an arena last year. Album pre-ordered!

...And now my wife won't give my headphones back. I'm guessing this means that she likes the single:D

Congrats all the way around. I'm really happy for you. It must be an incredible feeling...

Lloyd

I live in Michigan, and of course, Jamie is in LA. Usually I have to stalk him by cell or text just to find out if he's OK. There's a time zone difference, of course, and this record has been in pre-production and production for over a year; he's always in the studio. Plus he's a guy in his 20s.

But yesterday he got up early, called me to say that the single was getting airplay - hey dad, right now, turn on the radio! - and was so excited about it that he actually called home again when he heard it in his car! Two phone calls to the old man in one day? Loved it.

What's so wonderful about this, beyond the "proud papa" thing, is that my son is very excited and happy about this project. He's gotten to work with some great people, and he's become good friends with the guys in the band. I could go on and on about how hard this band works, their stellar ethic, and what good guys they are, but that's for another time. The record speaks for itself.

I really hope you guys like it, and gosh, it sounds fantastic!

That's awesome! Congrats. Any PRS in the recording process? ;)

I honestly don't know. I did get a virtual tour of the studio via Face Time a few months ago (that included a fun chat with my idol Steve Lillywhite!), and the only amp I saw set up was an early 60s fawn AC30. But that doesn't mean it's the only one they used.

I know that Tomo usually plays Gibsons. I'll ask about guitars and amps used on the record. I'm curious, too!

Last edited:
Les,
That is very cool. I am sure that you are just beaming with pride............... as you very well should be. Congrats to your son & yourself. Very cool stuff!

Thanks, Markie!

I have to take my hat off to 30STM. They made a terrific record. And they gave Jamie a wonderful opportunity.

Ive always loved 30 Seconds To Mars and have been impressed with your sons live playing but WOW, engineering too? Thats amazing! I think we should all meet up at a show and have celebritory drinks ;)

Ive always loved 30 Seconds To Mars and have been impressed with your sons live playing but WOW, engineering too? Thats amazing! I think we should all meet up at a show and have celebritory drinks ;)

Now THAT sounds like a plan!! :)

Congrats all the way around, Les!

Thanks brother! In fact, thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! Much appreciated.

Back