A Chronicle Of A World Tour Adventure!

Nah - I think he wanted to put his sunglasses on and his hand took the scenic route! :rock:

Nope. She's a friend. He's a very respectful guy, probably why women like him.

I spoke to Jamie yesterday (nice of him to call, it was father's day), and right after the festival show they were headed to London.

Turns out that there was some kind of TV broadcast that he had to mix music for pretty much all night Friday and Saturday, and when I asked him where in England he was during our phone call, he said, "I'm so tired, I have absolutely no idea." But he seemed enthusiastic and was clearly happy to be doing the gig.

My wife said that going to all the places he's been must be exciting, and he said it's fun but also quite a lot of work. Still, I don't think he;d trade it for a different job! He mentioned that Sweden was the next stop.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting up with me, guys!

I have no news or pics today; last I heard, the band played the Download Festival gig, and then went to London for some work-related stuff. Hopefully that's all gone well!

Hi Les,
I would be interested on any thoughts from the band, although I would imagine that they would very much prefer to keep much of them to themselves. I watched much of the 30 Seconds to Mars set and they put on a good show. My wife and I felt they got a bit of a heckling though, from a very small majority of the audience. What I couldn't understand was why, when there are five stages to choose from, would people hang around a particular act and then proceed to boo at every opportunity. Made me wonder if there was some kind of history here. There are, after all, festival goers who are more into the festival "scene" than actually going to see particular band. Having said that, it does not justify there actions.

A minor point which I would address to the band's front man would be, why all the foul language and somewhat abusive retort at times. You kind of expect a large amount of foul language from certain bands but even then it is generally not aimed at the crowd and I see it as part of their act. Considering what I see as being 30 Seconds to Mars fan base, that of mainly the younger audience, I felt the some of the things he was saying was inappropriate. Yes, I know he is human and he probably feels he should repsond to the dissenters but would it not be better to rise above that and get on with entertaining your real fans, and perhaps even gaining new ones at the same time?

Hi Les,
I would be interested on any thoughts from the band, although I would imagine that they would very much prefer to keep much of them to themselves. I watched much of the 30 Seconds to Mars set and they put on a good show. My wife and I felt they got a bit of a heckling though, from a very small majority of the audience. What I couldn't understand was why, when there are five stages to choose from, would people hang around a particular act and then proceed to boo at every opportunity. Made me wonder if there was some kind of history here. There are, after all, festival goers who are more into the festival "scene" than actually going to see particular band. Having said that, it does not justify there actions.

A minor point which I would address to the band's front man would be, why all the foul language and somewhat abusive retort at times. You kind of expect a large amount of foul language from certain bands but even then it is generally not aimed at the crowd and I see it as part of their act. Considering what I see as being 30 Seconds to Mars fan base, that of mainly the younger audience, I felt the some of the things he was saying was inappropriate. Yes, I know he is human and he probably feels he should repsond to the dissenters but would it not be better to rise above that and get on with entertaining your real fans, and perhaps even gaining new ones at the same time?

Only idiots ruin a show for the band and everyone else.

Jared works his tail off to do these shows. He is a great guy, and a very talented one. He deserves better.

I wish you hadn't mentioned these morons booing the band, it really upsets me (not you, the boo birds). I didn't know about it, and I'm not going to upset my son by asking about it.

Edit: I haven't been able to stop thinking about this ever since I read it. I'm really and truly upset for the band, who are damned good guys, who care about their fans, etc. And I have to imagine that Jamie would have been upset for the guys, too. What kind of people do this??

I saw the band in Detroit in 2011, and they were fantastic. Detroit concert audiences are pretty tough rock audiences, they got a standing ovation for their show, and people went nuts for them in a completely positive way! Gosh, this makes me mad.

Then again, I recently watched a documentary about Bob Dylan's life, and he got heckled like crazy on a British tour, at one point yelling back "Liar!" to a heckler. I guess you can't win.

Last edited:
Wow... your son is having a wonderful opportunity! Thank you for sharing the ongoing reports, they are really cool to read!

Apologies Les. In hindsight I should have kept this to myself. I'm truly sorry :(

No need to apologize!

I think I was imagining these grown men as though they were still kids. They can handle it.

Don't let it get to you Les. Some festivals goers just want to get drunk and cause trouble.

So true. I think my "dad" instincts to protect my son must have caused me to forget he's 26 and can surely handle this stuff!

It's not like he's in little league any more. LOL. Sorry for the rant!

Last edited:
Heard from Jamie today, the tour was in Stockholm, Sweden, and is now headed for Copenhagen, Denmark for another show. I asked how things were going, and he said things were going really well!

So that's all I know.

Resurrecting the thread, I have no new pictures, but apparently Vienna was in there somewhere and I may have missed that, and now Norway. It's Jamie's birthday, and while I wasn't able to reach him by phone, I did send a nice email, and got a response, so I know he's ok. All good!

All you want is for your kids to be happy, right? I'd hoped this birthday would be memorable for Jamie.

Well, I emailed him again to find out how he was doing. Turns out the band played an acoustic show in Oslo, Norway, and the crowd serenaded Jamie with the Norwegian "Birthday" song. So I think that will be a pretty cool memory for him!

All you want is for your kids to be happy, right? I'd hoped this birthday would be memorable for Jamie.

Well, I emailed him again to find out how he was doing. Turns out the band played an acoustic show in Oslo, Norway, and the crowd serenaded Jamie with the Norwegian "Birthday" song. So I think that will be a pretty cool memory for him!

Sweet - living the dream!

Back