Reviving Dead Threads: Who Gives a Sh!t?

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
Some people go all butthurt-bullfrog when old threads get bumped. Others apologise for adding comments to old threads.

I don't get it.

Unless an old topic gets necro-bumped for something stupid like "LOL', who gives a sh!t?

I'd much rather pick-up an old topic where we left off -- with fresh perspectives from new members -- or old members with new info -- than rehash the same topics over-and-over. Old threads establish a baseline of information. They enable us to move forward from where we stand.

~Hans

/rant

i-V2SmLPX.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't bother me. I feel silly sometimes giving advice to someone who hasn't even visited the forum in five years and probably solved his problem years ago. But so what? It's fun to talk guitars and music.

When I have questions I do a search. Sometimes Google brings me here, sometimes to the Seymour Duncan Forum but most often to the Gear Page.

Sometimes I find answers that are five or 10 years old!

So what? It's info I can use.

Right now I'm researching hot bridge humbuckers in the range of the Duncan JB and PRS Dragon I.

And I'm going to try a Suhr SSH+!

I hope no one revives an old thread where I've said something really stupid.

"That's a forlorn hope. You've said something stupid in...well...every thread you've ever posted in."

"I abandoned hope when I discovered I had to share a brain with you."

Yeah some forums are real buttheads about that (TDPRI). For some reason they think it's a better idea to post a 25th thread about the same question/gear/whatever, rather than simply tag on to an older thread. As if older threads are invalid of wisdom or something. It's ridiculous. I'd rather read through one giant thread about my question than 25 little ones.

Yeah some forums are real buttheads about that (TDPRI). For some reason they think it's a better idea to post a 25th thread about the same question/gear/whatever, rather than simply tag on to an older thread. As if older threads are invalid of wisdom or something. It's ridiculous. I'd rather read through one giant thread about my question than 25 little ones.
Tbh we get this all the time on the Roon Forum and I spend probably half my time as a mod there merging these "new" threads into older established threads where if they had bothered to search would likely have found the answers they were looking for.
So yes on that forum we are particular about preferring peeps to actually revive an older thread if possible.

There is an old thread someplace where I said I would never own more that one PRS , see where that went :)
I can't believe how many absurd things I've said over the past 11 years.

But ya live and learn.

"You're still living, by some bizarre quirk of medical fate. Can you sum up what you've learned?"

"Sure!"

"What?"

"Nothing."

Hans, I can’t thank you enough for this! Way back in the late 70s, I had a big thread going about how bad my 74 Pinto was. Ford makes one stinkin recall over sticking windshield wipers, and the thread dies as if all the problems were fixed! Meanwhile, Pintos were still catching on fire and blowing up!!!

I’m going back TONIGHT to bump that thread!!! Not because the problems themselves are relevant any longer, but to prove a point, I entered it in the demolition derby at the county fair, and I was kind of a legend for a while after that. But people were on dial up, and the thread died along with my AOL account.

They said the flames were over 50 feet high. I would like to regain some of the notoriety that I so clearly deserve! I will now thread bump with my head held high!

Back