Replacing the cheap 3-way toggle switch with a Switchcraft...

SteveGlitch

We are all one so we may as well have some fun ❤
So I just ordered:
Which is going into the Santana SE.

Planning on replacing the cheap stock PRS 3 way toggle switch with a SwitchCraft this weekend. The toggle was going in and our so this will take care of that!!

Will make a video so we can see how it does and if it affects the initial tone of the guitar.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The OEM bad switch conspiracy.

The toggle was going in and our so this will take care of that!!

Will make a video so we can see how it does and if it affects the initial tone of the guitar.

Cheers!
Your toggle switch is dirty, clean it it will work as intended, meaning flawlessly. Thousands and thousands of PRS owners are perfectly happy with the switch their guitar came with.

When your car door starts to creak, do you replace its hinges ? No, you grease them and they work silently for another 10 years. It is a mechanical part and needs maintenance, just as mechanical parts in your beloved guitar. Buy a can of Deoxit or similar spray cleaner and clean your switch. Keep that can handy, you'll need it later for your pots. If you stubbornly still replace the switch, buy Deoxit at the same time, you'll eventually need some for the new switch.

Your toggle switch is dirty, clean it it will work as intended, meaning flawlessly. Thousands and thousands of PRS owners are perfectly happy with the switch their guitar came with.
Interesting.... So just because you think or believe that others are happy and don't have the same issue that my problem doesn't exist? Great fanboy content.
When your car door starts to creak, do you replace its hinges ? No, you grease them and they work silently for another 10 years. It is a mechanical part and needs maintenance, just as mechanical parts in your beloved guitar. Buy a can of Deoxit or similar spray cleaner and clean your switch. Keep that can handy, you'll need it later for your pots. If you stubbornly still replace the switch, buy Deoxit at the same time, you'll eventually need some for the new switch.
I already cleaned it, that didn't help much. Anyway, the switchcraft scam toggle switch is here, so I'll jus replace it.

Thanks!

I would install it an whatever angle fits with the natural sweep of your arm.

I'll be replacing all of the electronics in my Vela in a few weeks. Not because the ones in there are bad, but the knobs and switch tip I bought are for USA sized pot shafts and switch threading, so it all needs to get swapped out. I'll also be putting a series/parallel push-push pot on the volume knob to give me an extra tone option.

He’s talking about a SE - not a Core. The import switches have a very different feel - like pretty much any other cheap no name switch you can buy on Amazon. They don’t have the solid feel, weight, or the same springiness that you get from the switches on the PRS core models which are built like a real Switchcraft, if not actually made for PRS by Switchcraft. To be blunt, the import switches on the SE and S2 models are cheap, feel cheap, and tend to fail faster than a more solidly built Switchcraft 3-way. No, it’s not going to change his tone, but it will be more reliable.

Last edited:
I had a wire harness done for my DGT SE which included CTS and Switchcraft parts.
temp-Imageoleg-Wp.avif

Did you check to see if a lug or something wasn't grounding out?
You might not get much of a choice in positioning it, depending on clearances.

Just a heads up, to be mindful of it's positioning and the conductive paint.

He’s talking about a SE - not a Core. The import switches have a very different feel - like pretty much any other cheap no name switch you can buy on Amazon. They don’t have the solid feel, weight, or the same springiness that you get from the switches on the PRS core models which are built like a real Switchcraft, if not actually made for PRS by Switchcraft. To be blunt, the import switches on the SE and S2 models are cheap, feel cheap, and tend to fail faster than a more solidly built Switchcraft 3-way. No, it’s not going to change his tone, but it will be more reliable.
Yeah, I have inspected the parts of my PRS Santana SE, and they're all Chinese parts (pots, wiring shafts, etc.) I've seen better from Kaish and DoPro. So either way I know the Switchcraft will be an upgrade and worth it.

No clue why this thread offended people. Seems you can't say something small without backlash.

No clue why this thread offended people. Seems you can't say something small without bacbacklash
Put away from the victim card. A disagreement or advice doesn't equal offended. We really need to get your diary open. I'm sure the board would be behind a go fund me to bribe that locksmith.

Put away from the victim card. A disagreement or advice doesn't equal offended. We really need to get your diary open. I'm sure the board would be behind a go fund me to bribe that locksmith.
I don't feel like the victim here, I do feel like the villain. It's like people get hurt and feel the need to defend PRS when something small they don't like is said. Their feelings being hurt isn't my intention, yet it's what's being done. I'm not exactly responsible but I'll take it I guess.

You're right though, the fanboy comment didn't warrant my harsh reply. I did go a bit too far! Lol

Last edited:
Anyways, I was going to try to install the switchcraft today BUT I have to go into work early so... priorities 😆

Back