Replacing bridge screw on SE Trem bridge

JackB1

One of the bridge screws on my SE DGT is stripped and I'd like to replace it. Question is...is there a certain depth the screws get tightened down to or do you just tighten them until they won't go anymore? Also...what's the best way to get the stripped one out? This is the PRS Patented Tremolo Molded.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJnbG9iYWwtaW1hZ2VzL3NlLWRndC1mZWF0dXJlZHNwZWNzLTIwMjMtYnJpZGdlLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7ImpwZWciOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6ODIsInByb2dyZXNzaXZlIjp0cnVlLCJ0cmVsbGlzUXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uIjp0cnVlLCJvdmVyc2hvb3REZXJpbmdpbmciOnRydWUsIm9wdGltaXplU2NhbnMiOnRydWV9LCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjEyMDAsImhlaWdodCI6MTIwMCwiZml0IjoiY292ZXIifSwic2hhcnBlbiI6dHJ1ZX19

Hopefully others will concur or correct me.

The two things to know are the screws must all be the same height and they should be screwed in so the trem sits parallel with the body (for a floating trem as designed) 1\16 of an inch high.

If you’re just concerned because it is stripped, I would leave it alone. There is really no need to ever touch them. As long as it is set up correctly, you’re good.

If you’re just concerned because it is stripped, I would leave it alone. There is really no need to ever touch them. As long as it is set up correctly, you’re good.
This would be the easiest way to handle it!!! Great suggestion and one I've used many times :)

I'd contact John Mann for replacements. I know he has a set for a normal PRS bridge.

Though, I'd agree if it's set up correctly I'd leave well enough alone.

Back