Regular or Trembucker for the bridge of a SE24?

BlueSky

I got a Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker Set (a SH-4 JB and a SH-2) to replace the stock pickups in my SE24. Now I've realised that the string spacing at the bridge from low to high E is about 53mm and the regular SH-4 JB is made for 49mm string spacing.
Will the regular SH-4 work anyway or should I get the Trembucker (TB-4)?

Edit: I should add that my concern is only sonic. I'm not that much bothered about aesthetics. So if the pole pieces of the regular SH-4 do not perfectly align with the strings, will that have a negative impact on the tone? Or is there no difference?

Last edited:
it's not gonna matter either way... use whichever you have/is cheaper. I typically just order everything standard spaced. All american prs pickups are standard spaced.

Well, it's a Korean-made SE 24 with tremolo bridge. So the spacing is wider. 53mm from low to high E, whereas the SH-4 JB is made for 49mm string spacing. Especially the highest and lowest strings are off center.

No, the spacing is exactly the same as an american made PRS. The korean pickups were spaced wider is the only difference.

Back