Raspberry Custom 24

Asimauve

Salutations my fellow PRS enthusiasts, New to these parts ! Here is my '98 Custom 24 ! Glad to join the party !

I haven't seen a lot of Raspberry Custom 24s So here she be ! (Correct me if thats the wrong name for that finish:confused:) It looks different under different lights !

jCHTAeG.jpg

QyE0mAw.jpg

I had a faded Tortoise Shell Sig that turned exactly the same color. Welcome to the forum.

The little that I know... PRS seemed to have some trouble with purple and raspberry. I had a very dark purple McTrem from '99. Yours look like some of the earlier ones that faded more quickly than other colors. At the '99 NAMM show the booth was all raspberry, and the guitars were numbered (20-something in all I think). I owned the raspberry '99 NAMM Santana for a while. What I remember reading at the time was they couldn't get the consistency on those colors that they wanted, so they were discontinued. But we see today they still experiment (new violet, etc.).

that's a sweet instrument! and you're right -they're rare!

I just sold my Raspberry CE24. so today is raspberry NGD for someone else today too

Sweet, congrats! I've seen some purple PRSi fade to that color.

Really nice! I have the McCarty Soapbar in Raspberry from that winter 1999 NAMM show, it is numbered 7/21.

Welcome! And GREAT looking guitar. I especially like it with the black PU rings.

Kevin

Back