Random. No more or less

Pain after such a workout is to be expected especially when using muscles in a new way. I’m a big fan of active recovery versus being sedentary. Go for a casual walk, swim, spin on a bike. The easy movement actually speeds of the healing process. Add in some light stretching after you’re warmed up. Many many years ago I played football in college. Training camp was brutal especially the day after donning pads and hitting for the first time in months. Despite being so sore that even our hair follicles hurt, we were up and out at 6am for an easy mile run. Amazing how much it helped.
Thank @tiboy. This is after roller skating for 3 hours. My quads are still literally on fire. I haven’t honestly done any physical activity for 3 hours in a row in a long time. My calves and my quads are quite sore. But not my hamstrings. Just so weird. I can’t for the love of god push myself today. Just no way. Usually I can but I have other physical issues happening at the same time. Definitely not a fun day. Been in bed all day long and haven’t left. Tomorrow hopefully will be a better day. Sedentary is my middle name right now! I even took a Tylenol 3 because of the pain. I have jammed myself with as much medication as possible.

Any tips on how to cut down phone usage? I’am sick of being addicted. What a waste of time. I am trying to be physically active so I don’t have my phone glued to my hand. I survived while roller skating for 3 hours. That was so easy. I figured I would start reading again but it seems like one addiction to another. I realize though that reading is away healthier then my phone. I always wanted to study the brain because of the fascination I have with it. I was planning on joining the library asap.

Last edited:
Any tips on how to cut down phone usage? I’am sick of being addicted. What a waste of time. I am trying to be physically active so I don’t have my phone glued to my hand. I survived while roller skating for 3 hours. That was so easy. I figured I would start reading again but it seems like one addiction to another. I realize though that reading is away healthier then my phone. I always wanted to study the brain because of the fascination I have with it. I was planning on joining the library asap.
I honestly don't know how Lola, this crazy world we live in is Hellbent on bonding us permanently to a mobile device. Even kitchen appliances are saddled with aps to run the damn things. And I adamantly refuse to do anything guitar/gear related that requires an ap for my damn phone! Bad enough I use downloads for backing tracks on my tablet...
Not to scare you, but if you overdid it with the rollerskate the other day, today is likely worse than yesterday for the soreness. Typically it's the second day that the pain/stiffness is the worst.😢

About 4 years ago I turned off all notifications, other than text/phone calls.

To a certain extent it stops you from looking at your phone every 1/3/5 etc. minutes.

Thank @tiboy. This is after roller skating for 3 hours. My quads are still literally on fire. I haven’t honestly done any physical activity for 3 hours in a row in a long time. My calves and my quads are quite sore. But not my hamstrings. Just so weird. I can’t for the love of god push myself today. Just no way. Usually I can but I have other physical issues happening at the same time. Definitely not a fun day. Been in bed all day long and haven’t left. Tomorrow hopefully will be a better day. Sedentary is my middle name right now! I even took a Tylenol 3 because of the pain. I have jammed myself with as much medication as possible.
I would suggest stretching. Just go easy and it will help...I hope. ;-)

So I decided to get back into reading. I picked up a book today called Ghost Story by Peter Straub. I have been reading for two straight hours. Much better then succumbing to my stupid phone. I was going to go join our local library. I am tomorrow.

I honestly hate my phone but it’s got my life on it.
I just have to be mindful of my phone usage.

I love reading. I have been a reader all my life. I go through phases tho... I always did alot of my reading before bed, but these days I've been listening to music or sleep stories in an effort to help me fall asleep.

I love all genres, autobiography, history, memoir, fiction, anything WWII because my dad was in it, I especially love the "fantasy" genre (David Eddings, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.). In the last 2 years it's been nothing but health books, trying to get to the bottom of my various issues...

So I think I have my phone addiction in controlled a manner now. I allowed myself an hour 1/2 last night and this morning. That’s it for a 24 hour period. 3 hours a day is still too much but over the course of weeks maybe a month or two I will whittle it down even more. I really forgot about the enjoyment of books.

And the weather is getting nice. I am going to start agility training Blade. It’s a sense of purpose for the both of us and it teaches him discipline. I just have to come up with some ideas to set up a diy course of agility. As we progress I will be building items for him.

Are you watching the solar eclipse?

I am, but it's not a big deal to me. I'm certainly not "wowed" by it or anything. I find a meteor storm much more interesting. or a space launch (like the recent Space X ones). I'd rather hike to the top of a mountain and enjoy THAT view than look at a solar eclipse.

Not high on my list. But it's not going to be a huge blockage anyway, we're a long way off the path of totality. And I did get a pretty good view of the last one. It's clear out so I can see a diminished brightness in the sunlight through the den window as I type this.
So I guess I'll have to go have a boo...not sure where my welding glass is though.🥺

Cloudy during the whole event. But as the eclipse took place darkness enveloped everything. Just so weird and amazing. Nature puts on the best shows ever. Northern lights anyone?

So I figured out my addiction with my phone. I am reading real books instead, gardening and I am taking the leaf blower to the driveway to get any debris cleared up and I can skate and practice this afternoon. I can’t pick up my phone until 11 pm. It’s good to know how to deal with boredom because quite frankly I have never had a bored minute in my life. So far so good.

And…..I am starting to see a little muscle mass coming back especially my legs. I stand there and watch my muscles flex. I make them dance to the music I am listening to. I am responsible for seeing these results in my physical anatomy. I am so proud and happy with me.

7 minutes left of phone time! Better get cracking.

Last edited:
Cloudy during the whole event. But as the eclipse took place darkness enveloped everything. Just so weird and amazing. Nature puts on the best shows ever. Northern lights anyone?
We have had some very amazing displays of the Northern Lights in the last couple years. Sadly, I've never photographed any, but my friends have. I should have stolen a couple of their shots from FB....
One of my most memorable experiences with them was when I was still flying. I was flying at night on a return home and I was rewarded with a stellar display on a clear moonless night. It was like floating in space but with a superb light show; the curtains of green and pink lights were dancing everywhere!

So I figured out my addiction with my phone. I am reading real books instead, gardening and I am taking the leaf blower to the driveway to get any debris cleared up and I can skate and practice this afternoon. I can’t pick up my phone until 11 pm. It’s good to know how to deal with boredom because quite frankly I have never had a bored minute in my life. So far so good.

And…..I am starting to see a little muscle mass coming back especially my legs. I stand there and watch my muscles flex. I make them dance to the music I am listening to. I am responsible for seeing these results in my physical anatomy. I am so proud and happy with me.

7 minutes left of phone time! Better get cracking.
Pro Tip and Question:

Pro Tip - leaf blower plus skates plus slalom course = FUN! It's like powered skating.

Question: Does your "forum time" count as "phone time?" If so, I think you should shave a few minutes off some other phone activities so you can spend more time here.

Pro Tip and Question:

Pro Tip - leaf blower plus skates plus slalom course = FUN! It's like powered skating.

Question: Does your "forum time" count as "phone time?" If so, I think you should shave a few minutes off some other phone activities so you can spend more time here.
You are a smooth operator! Flattery. Lol but I love you still Mr. DreamTheater. ❤️

PS Btw we spell Theater in Canada Theatre. Weird eh?

I also am not supposed to have my phone until 11. I cheated. Must get off this blasted thing.

Last edited:
You are a smooth operator! Flattery. Lol but I love you still Mr. DreamTheater. ❤️

PS Btw we spell Theater in Canada Theatre. Weird eh?

I also am not supposed to have my phone until 11. I cheated. Must get off this blasted thing.
LOL. I asked that question that way because you never really know what device someone uses to come here. I rarely do with my phone. Almost always when on a laptop or ipad. But screen time is screen time, I get that. Just curious.

And yes, that spelling is weird. I would have to change my screen name if I moved to Canada or people wouldn't know who I was.

LOL. I asked that question that way because you never really know what device someone uses to come here. I rarely do with my phone. Almost always when on a laptop or ipad. But screen time is screen time, I get that. Just curious.

And yes, that spelling is weird. I would have to change my screen name if I moved to Canada or people wouldn't know who I was.

Isn’t Winger spelt the same, both sides of the border ;)

I was lucky enough to see two showings of the northern lights when I was in Iceland some years ago! For one of those shows, not only were they dancing, but you could hear a deep whirring/pulsing sound for a few instances!! It was so cool ;~)) The second night was not nearly as dramatic, or bright, some very minor movement, no sound, still cool none the less!!! Missed a lot of great shots the first night because I did not know jack about my DSLR and how to shoot something like that, so it took me 30 minutes to start getting OK shots. The hole show lasted about an hour but the first 30 minutes was the best (while I was freaking out over camera settings) ;~(( Here is a montage (with horribly blasted colors to sting the eye) I made of some of my northern light pix. It is actually 3 separate northern light photos merged together, with the terrain being a 4th photo from a place in Iceland called Gjain! INCREDIBLE spot!! If you go to Iceland, go to Gjain (just a day trip thing)!!! As you drive to it, it looks like another planet, just flat rocky dark grey terrain. Then you get to Gjain and you look over the edge of the cliff and go OMG ;~))

NorthernLightsCollage_Gjain.jpg

Back