Random. No more or less

Just got back from winter camping. Sunday morning at 2:30 am sitting in the woods, 10 degrees, with my buddy...everything was so quiet and still and quite magical with a waxing gibbous moon phase.

Then there is this loud THUMP from about 400 feet away, like a giant drum was beat a single time, that we could feel in the ground and then very low growl. We figured it was a bobcat body slamming a deer! It was like Wild Kingdom (for you older folks).

Spooky, energizing and freaky! We went the opposite way...empty hand skills may not help against whatever made this crazy sound in the middle of nowhere!

Random sunrise picture as I contemplate all of the pruning the blueberries need.

33-DF8669-59-DC-4-D40-92-F1-C251-CC7026-F9.jpg

In the warmth of summer, we have a favorite haunt in central British Columbia for a couple days layover while touring on my Goldwing; it's an easy two day (or one long one) ride from here. We love whitewater rafting so we stop at the Revelstoke Regent Hotel and hop a half day paddle trip on the Illecillewaet River. While the ambient temperatures can range in the mid to high 30's Celsius (80s and 90s f) the water can be a brisk 4-5*c (40f) and will certainly cool your corpuscles. Most of the mountain rivers we run are glacial fed so they are em, frigid at best, although we've been on one river that was pretty close to luke warm. We've been jounced, bounced, and yes even tossed right out of the boat in some of the wilder sections. Forget about the movies where the cowboy in his long leather trenchcoat and boots falls in the river for a mile or two and manages to crawl out unscathed. Even with a wetsuit and a life jacket, you could still drown or die of hypothermia in short order. But it is great fun and a pretty good workout too. We've met folks from all over the world rafting, wonderful experiences always. Been a couple years since we've gone thanks to COVID, but we'll be back at it as soon as we can.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rws26b4yfovskpg/raft10.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/63efjhp9acd6drn/raft2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrf3sok2nby3jwn/raft5.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jguareri8472ef/raft6.jpg?dl=0

Last night I finished reading Robby Krieger's book "Set The Night On Fire." Been a huge Doors fan since '67, am really getting into their music again so I thought I'd get the book. It doesn't follow things chronologically but I really enjoyed reading his story. Lot's of things within his life and within the band that I didn't know about.

I knew Jim Morrison could be quite a handful but I never imagined just how much. He'd be polite, courteous and respectful to all and the next day look out. Robby described one incident that encapsulated what it was like to know him.

Said he let Jim drive his van once. Once. While driving, Jim suddenly swerved the van into the path of oncoming traffic. Said the van almost toppled due to their equipment shifting so fast. After that, Jim drove just fine the rest of the way to the gig.

Robby said: "That's what it was like to know him. All would be right then he would swerve without warning or explanation. You survived and would be fine but you never fully relaxed because you knew the next swerve could happen at any moment."

I've dealt with difficult people before but nothing to that degree.

Last night I finished reading Robby Krieger's book "Set The Night On Fire." Been a huge Doors fan since '67, am really getting into their music again so I thought I'd get the book. It doesn't follow things chronologically but I really enjoyed reading his story. Lot's of things within his life and within the band that I didn't know about.

I knew Jim Morrison could be quite a handful but I never imagined just how much. He'd be polite, courteous and respectful to all and the next day look out. Robby described one incident that encapsulated what it was like to know him.

Said he let Jim drive his van once. Once. While driving, Jim suddenly swerved the van into the path of oncoming traffic. Said the van almost toppled due to their equipment shifting so fast. After that, Jim drove just fine the rest of the way to the gig.

Robby said: "That's what it was like to know him. All would be right then he would swerve without warning or explanation. You survived and would be fine but you never fully relaxed because you knew the next swerve could happen at any moment."

I've dealt with difficult people before but nothing to that degree.
I ordered a signed copy of that from an online store. Part of the deal was that you were able to submit questions to a live interview/Q&A thing. I didn't submit a question, but I watched the session. Robbie got interrupted by phone calls twice, but the best was his wife/girlfriend yelling that the dog crapped in the house and he needed to come clean it up. So he interrupted the interview to go do it.

Formerly of AB. I actually miss the climate: warm dry summers/cold clear winters.

Now I live in Pacific Northwest (US), Rains a lot, but whenever the sun does come out it's stunningly beautiful. I live here now for family reasons.

Formerly of AB. I actually miss the climate: warm dry summers/cold clear winters.

Now I live in Pacific Northwest (US), Rains a lot, but whenever the sun does come out it's stunningly beautiful. I live here now for family reasons.
So where now...WA, OR? Em, why on Earth would you miss 40 below...?o_O I keep threatening to move somewhere else; just can never figure out where.

I ordered a signed copy of that from an online store. Part of the deal was that you were able to submit questions to a live interview/Q&A thing. I didn't submit a question, but I watched the session. Robbie got interrupted by phone calls twice, but the best was his wife/girlfriend yelling that the dog crapped in the house and he needed to come clean it up. So he interrupted the interview to go do it.
Poor Robby. Still dealing with drama! Hope you enjoy the book. I'm going to read it again.

I used to go to band practice no matter whether one player couldn't show up or not.
Not anymore... Hmmm...
Drummer is out this week so we canned practice as I couldn't come up with a sub.
Am I losing it?

And get this crap...

This morning I get an email from WEBN saying that the original winners of the free tickets they were giving away can't go and I have now won free tickets!

:(:( That's adding insult to injury.

Up here in the Great White North we’re hunkering down for another blizzard and a deep freeze. Supposed to get 20cm of snow. It’s snowing pretty good right now and it’s supposed snow until tomorrow afternoon. Later on tomorrow it’s suppose to rain and then the deep freeze. So many ppl are afraid. They’re driving with their 4 way flashers on. Not my husband though. He scares me sometimes.

Just debating whether I should go out and get a head start on the driveway. There’s already a good accumulation on it.

and I know……somewhere in the world, someone is sitting on the beach relaxing! Lol

Up here in the Great White North we’re hunkering down for another blizzard and a deep freeze. Supposed to get 20cm of snow. It’s snowing pretty good right now and it’s supposed snow until tomorrow afternoon. Later on tomorrow it’s suppose to rain and then the deep freeze. So many ppl are afraid. They’re driving with their 4 way flashers on. Not my husband though. He scares me sometimes.

Just debating whether I should go out and get a head start on the driveway. There’s already a good accumulation on it.

and I know……somewhere in the world, someone is sitting on the beach relaxing! Lol

Is it a local law to keep your drive and pavement (side walk)?

Just asking for a friend :)

Yes it is the law. You have to keep the sidewalk in front of your property clean. If someone slips and falls you can get sued. That happened to our neighbours across the road! They got sued.

Back