Random. No more or less

Yes it is the law. You have to keep the sidewalk in front of your property clean. If someone slips and falls you can get sued. That happened to our neighbours across the road! They got sued.

That’s what an ex-colleague told me when she moved to Edmonton.

We don’t carry firearms in Scotland. She had to when she worked in Canada. Apparently at this time, Edmonton was the murder capital of the world. At one time it was Brechin!!

We don’t carry firearms in Scotland. She had to when she worked in Canada. Apparently at this time, Edmonton was the murder capital of the world. At one time it was Brechin!!

There are some really sketchy places downtown TO. There is a church, St. Paul’s where all the alcoholics and drug addicts hang in the area. Sometimes I had to walk by there late at night after rehearsal. I really had to be really aware of everything around me. I wouldn’t even wear my headphones. There is no Mace or anything allowed like that in Canada. But bear spray is allowed. I was thinking of getting a can. I get crackheads coming up to me sometimes for spare change. That’s scary.

Sorry to be a pest but what is out image hosting site once again. I promise I will copy the site and stash it. Thanks!

Sorry to be a pest but what is out image hosting site once again. I promise I will copy the site and stash it. Thanks!
Any third-party site will do. Imgur is a popular one here.

There are some really sketchy places downtown TO. There is a church, St. Paul’s where all the alcoholics and drug addicts hang in the area. Sometimes I had to walk by there late at night after rehearsal. I really had to be really aware of everything around me. I wouldn’t even wear my headphones. There is no Mace or anything allowed like that in Canada. But bear spray is allowed. I was thinking of getting a can. I get crackheads coming up to me sometimes for spare change. That’s scary.

A music stand in its carry case usually makes a good cosh!;)

Edmonton was the murder capital of the world.
We don’t carry firearms in Scotland. She had to when she worked in Canada.
Actually, sidearms are illegal to carry for everyone but military and law enforcement all across Canada. What did she do for work for goodness sake? No concealed carry permits, and "legal" handgun owners can only transport to and from designated shooting clubs and ranges. And then only under lock and key containers, no full magazines and trigger locks installed. No deviation from the path there and back is allowed either. Unless you live outside the law of course. Over here only the criminals are allowed (?) handguns and restricted weapons/firearms on the street. Just as locks only stop the honest folk, crooks don't have gun permits.
I live a couple hours North of Edmonton, and yes, they have gun violence there. But I don't believe Edmonton was ever ranked anywhere on the murder list of the world that I ever heard though. Typically shootings are drug/gang related, but that's the same in virtually every Canadian city. The most common injury/violence is still bladed weapons and bludgeon related attacks, or lunatics run amok in vehicles as Lola can attest to.

Actually, sidearms are illegal to carry for everyone but military and law enforcement all across Canada. What did she do for work for goodness sake? No concealed carry permits, and "legal" handgun owners can only transport to and from designated shooting clubs and ranges. And then only under lock and key containers, no full magazines and trigger locks installed. No deviation from the path there and back is allowed either. Unless you live outside the law of course. Over here only the criminals are allowed (?) handguns and restricted weapons/firearms on the street. Just as locks only stop the honest folk, crooks don't have gun permits.
I live a couple hours North of Edmonton, and yes, they have gun violence there. But I don't believe Edmonton was ever ranked anywhere on the murder list of the world that I ever heard though. Typically shootings are drug/gang related, but that's the same in virtually every Canadian city. The most common injury/violence is still bladed weapons and bludgeon related attacks, or lunatics run amok in vehicles as Lola can attest to.

She was in law enforcement, transferred from Tayside to Edmonton. Carrying a side arm wasn’t her thing and she transferred back.

Gun laws are the same in UK. Very strict and only criminals get to carry them without the relevant paperwork.

The info about murder capital was about 15 years ago. Please don’t think I’m trying to put a slur on Edmonton.

As you can imagine, Dundee has its issues. We have the highest rate of drug related deaths in any city in Europe.

Any way on a more cheery note, here’s hoping Lola puts some more great pics of cars/trucks up soon to change the subject.

No worries my friend, any city can generate their own slurs haha. I could not imagine being any form of LEO without carrying a sidearm. But that's what I'm used to.
The Caddy fin pic has me wanting to see the rest of that boat. If it's half as nice as the fin it's a beauty!

and I know……somewhere in the world, someone is sitting on the beach relaxing! Lol
I think it's socially acceptable to give them a virtual smack on the head if they send pics of toes in the sand. If it's not, it should be.

My buddy Tripper that passed a few months ago was named after this character... (Classic movie!!!)

Back