Random. No more or less

Here is there brand new song.

They still have it. They are truly one of the best traditional metal god dinosaurs that still exist.

I am so happy they have all their t’s crossed and i’s dotted.

I have to wait for the optimum time when no one is here and then I can listen to it cranked up to a 100.

My husband is like that old man(he’s old) lol and told me to turn it down last night. I was reeling from that. WTF!!!! He’s has never said that before. I was really shocked. But you know what the rebel said in me? Fu*k you! I put on my headphones and finished a very blissful night of the tunes I had chosen to listen to.

Maybe it’s the morphine and or the surgery that are making him act this way.

Now this is the guy that I know I want to play with. This guy is one of my top favourites. He is a guitar star but he’s beyond humble and let’s the other players shine. I will eventually hook up with this guy one way or the other.

Dovydas is beyond humble. Not one shred of arrogance in this gentleman. I hate arrogant ppl. So what! Your better at something then someone else. You can tell ppl of your marvellous accomplishments but that’s it. I have to walk a way in disgust from a braggart. Eat some fu*cking humble pie you a$$hole!

I have had my fill of arrogant band mates and ppl. It just never goes according to a universal band decision. They stand in the corner with their thumb up their a$$ stamping their feet. Do it my way or I am not playing. Got no time for this shite show.

Last edited:
Question for anyone.

What style of music do you consider ZZ Top to be? Blues rock, Southern rock, Texas Blues? I just don’t know.

Now that I have really considered the direction I want to go with my playing it might be wise for me to do a bit of investigative research on these guys. There’s so much to learn and to keep on evolving into the player I want to be.

Question for anyone.

What style of music do you consider ZZ Top to be? Blues rock, Southern rock, Texas Blues? I just don’t know.

Now that I have really considered the direction I want to go with my playing it might be wise for me to do a bit of investigative research on these guys. There’s so much to learn and to keep on evolving into the player I want to be.
It's hard to pigeonhole them, but I'd say Texas Blues Rock?

It's hard to pigeonhole them, but I'd say Texas Blues Rock?

The reason I ask is I have decided what excites me the most is playing blues. I don’t know why it does. I think it’s an emotional connection. I need to come up with an investigative research plan on everything blues. I remember watching Johnny Winter playing blues when I was at his concert. I was 16 years of age and just remembered being blown away. Johnny B Goode struck every emotional note in my body. I will never forget that. That was 41 years ago and his music still impacts me. It’s just so amazing that music has the ability to impact your life greatly throughout the years.

The reason I ask is I have decided what excites me the most is playing blues. I don’t know why it does. I think it’s an emotional connection. I need to come up with an investigative research plan on everything blues. I remember watching Johnny Winter playing blues when I was at his concert. I was 16 years of age and just remembered being blown away. Johnny B Goode struck every emotional note in my body. I will never forget that. That was 41 years ago and his music still impacts me. It’s just so amazing that music has the ability to impact your life greatly throughout the years.
I love blues.

It's one of the bedrocks of popular music, it stands on its own as always-good stuff, and nearly every player is influenced by it at some time or other.

Johnny Winter and guys like Clapton, Page, SRV, Hendrix and others were influenced by players like Albert King, Buddy Guy, Freddy King, Michael Bloomfield, etc. If you want to get a great foundation in Blues music, take a listen to the originals and build on that.

I always believe in starting close to the bone and working my way into the more current stuff when learning a genre. At some point everything starts to make a lot more sense.

I just registered for Power trip. The rock extravaganza in California Is October 6-8. We are getting general admission seating. Three nights of heavy hitters. My son and I are going. He’s buying my ticket for me!! I won’t be able to sleep tonight. They owe me for 4 weeks of holidays at work so I will take a week in October. I have to get my passport updated. This line up will be incredible. OMG. The only band that I am not interested in is Tool. Just not my cup of. I am actually going! Hard to believe atm.

My husband is just really hysterical right now. We were watching stand up comedy. So we’re sitting there with my son and his gf. We’re laughing and watching then a commercial comes on. My husband perks up and he’s trying to put his hands on his hips. (He can’t even really sit up properly.)Like he means what he’s about to say and starts telling the same jokes as we just heard on TV only he thinks he’s the professional comedian. He started with the jokes but then would forget the punchline. He told one joke 5 times over until he got the punch line correct by this time we were crying we were laughing so hard!! Gotta love the morphine! lol

His doctor upped his dosage today as well because he wasn’t taking enough. Hubby hates this drug and I don’t really blame him. It has it’s uses in the right hands. He’s so careful. But he’s just so damned funny. Having conversations with him today was just pure entertainment. Lol no disrespect to my darling!

Last edited:
We need to start an Insomniacs club! Lol

It’s 4:14 am and my brain is telling me get up and start my day.

Can’t walk the dogs. It’s torrential outside. The winds the heavy rain.

This just sucks!!

I just looked at a lesson. La grange looks fun!

Last edited:
So ppl good morning to you all. I hope you had a glorious night of restful sleep!!

I need your opinion on something. I am trying figure out and put together a comprehensive list of blues stuff I really like and love.

I am hearing quite a few bluesy bits in this song of David Wilcox(an amazing Canadian icon) do you hear the elements of blues that I do? I love his style. What style would you consider this to be? This is really fun music which makes it so much easier to learn. Fun makes practicing a walk in the park and I am not forcing myself to.
I am not pressuring myself the way I usually do.

Do you think it would be safe now to buy a set of 8’s and put them on my PRS now? I have went from 10’s to 9’s a couple of weeks ago and now I need to try a lighter string. My baby finger on my injured hand is having a difficult time doing hammer ons. My finger will not stay rounded it goes completely flat which leaves less control of it. If I try to round it or keep it rounded, it hurts. I may have to think of an alternative for this fingerings with hammer-ons. Have to get creative I guess.

If you're going to deep-dive into the blues - especially into the past - for my money, there's no better place to start than Robert Johnson.

7b38e9ec-b095-4646-9658-6f5dc03bbc36_1.38bdb52a3ad987dfc41f04dc33baef68.jpeg

The story of selling your soul to the devil at the crossroads? That's Robert Johnson.

The song "Crossroads"? That's Robert Johnson.

"Sweet Home Chicago". "I Believe I'll Dust My Broom". "Hellhound On My Trail".

All stuff recorded over a couple of sessions in a hotel room with a portable recorder. Dead at 27 (believed to have been poisoned by a jealous husband).

He's not the be-all end-all, but it's a great place to start.

I am doing some research on Billy Gibbons and all the double stops he uses. Chord inversions are plenty in his songs. I just never realized how this makes playing ZZ a lot easier. Who knew?

Do you think it would be safe now to buy a set of 8’s and put them on my PRS now? I have went from 10’s to 9’s a couple of weeks ago and now I need to try a lighter string. My baby finger on my injured hand is having a difficult time doing hammer ons. My finger will not stay rounded it goes completely flat which leaves less control of it. If I try to round it or keep it rounded, it hurts. I may have to think of an alternative for this fingerings with hammer-ons. Have to get creative I guess.
Definitely buy a set to try. Even if you grow out of them in a couple of weeks it will make it easier for to get going again and strengthen your fingers.

It’s back to work on Monday. That will curtail my hourly visits here! Lol I know that some of you might be saying “good” that woman talks too much! Lol
Best of luck on the back to work Monday! As for talks too much, anyone who does not like it can scroll on down the page or click away!! Get set of 8's, but don't expect them to be a holy grail solution, your hand/wrist needs to heel and although the 8's will let you play some things, they will not heel your injury!

Best of luck on the back to work Monday! As for talks too much, anyone who does not like it can scroll on down the page or click away!! Get set of 8's, but don't expect them to be a holy grail solution, your hand/wrist needs to heel and although the 8's will let you play some things, they will not heel your injury!
You sir are very sweet and kind. What a very nice reply.

I have been getting told to slow down by everyone and getting “yelled” at by those concerned ppl in my life. Thank you for watching out for my betterment. That’s very kind and thoughtful of you!! ❤️

Back