Random. No more or less

I have decided that this year I will be doing a lot practice on my deck. At a low tone nothing outrageous. This is where my busking amp comes in handy. Very compact and portable. We live on a huge lot and just have neighbours on one side. I practiced outside a couple of times last year. It was a really nice change and the dogs could have the backyard to themselves and still be with “mom”. I had all three dogs in with me in this little studio/bedroom the other day. They wouldn’t leave me alone. I closed the door and all three sat there whining. I tried to distract them with cookies and toys. Didn’t work. It was not fun.

This year I get to busk at the beach. No permit required by city bylaws. YEAH! I am so excited! On a nice summers day playing in such a beautiful place. Right on the boardwalk. Heaven. Sand between my toes! I’ll take it.

This is going to be my first song at the beach.

Last edited:
It took me a way too long to figure out that perfectionism is so evil. I really assumed that this is indeed the way I should think if I want to attain the lofty goals that I want aspire to. It’s oppressive in the making. Last night when I started to practice, I made a pact with myself to just play and forget about note for note perfectionism. And…I nailed a little solo that has been dogging me for a while. This is before the hand fiasco. I did it and let out a shout of joy. I can’t believe how happy this made me!!! Like really motivated to get on with the program I have set up for myself. It’s little “aha” moments that keep me so excited about this hunk of wood with strings on it!

So we have been doing a cost analysis for our proposed trip for this Mega fest.

This is all in US currency.
Tickets US$ 748.00/person X 2
Diesel approx $1000 one way X 2
Hotel accommodation $1000/4 days

= approx $4500 not to mention extra cash just in case we need anything else.

This is already cost prohibitive. Not to mention the stress of the drive down and back. I can’t fly(fear). And no I can’t put on my big girl pants either.

This is just for 4 days! I really want to go but this put damper on the whole project.

I really wanted to see Iron Maiden and ACDC. The boys are getting on in age and who knows if they will ever tour again let alone tour in Canada.

Last edited:

This is already cost prohibitive. Not to mention the stress of the drive down and back. I can’t fly(fear).

This is just for 4 days! I really want to go but this put damper on the whole project.

I really wanted to see Iron Maiden and ACDC. The boys are getting on in age and who knows if they will ever tour again let alone tour in Canada.
I understand the fear of flying, I suffer from that a little too, but I overcome it to get to where I want or need to go. When the distance is so far that driving becomes a herculean task it forces me to put on my big boy pants and put my phobias in check.

I did see ACDC and Iron Maiden at a concert in Maryland back in the 80's, the one thing that stood out to me is how much clearer Angus & the guys sounded compared to all the other acts (Judas Priest, Maiden) who sounded like buzzsaws by comparison.

Planning on getting a pack of 8’s this week. Do you think I could leave the high E string on from the 9’s? I have played with 8’s before and I have managed to break the high E string a couple of times before.

This is already cost prohibitive. Not to mention the stress of the drive down and back. I can’t fly(fear).

I’d take maybe… three AC/DC songs, two Maiden songs, and one Metallica song for $15.

So a random question. Is China/Russia taking over YouTube? I have had a way too many warnings about using profanity. Not outrageous but words like shite etc Meanwhile the crap I see others get away with makes mad!!

I was banned for 3 hours the other day with previous warnings. What happened to free speech?? I decided to check out Rumble and pretty much I am free to say what I want to. My new place for bitching and complaining. And, I can say what I want to without Big Bro watching over my shoulder.

I just had the most bizarre dream. It’s summer. Beautiful outside and guess who comes bopping(yes, I said that lol) in through the front entrance and makes himself at home on my couch? Eddie. He was wearing the bluest of all blue jeans ever. It was Eddie from the 1980’s. That smile just killed me. He played with my dogs for a bit. Then I found out he liked to garden. WTF?? He said he had to use my bathroom for a sec and then he came out dressed in his Frankenstrat overalls. I told him to go plug whatever guitar he wanted to use in. Then the dream became reality. Sadly Eddie was no more. That is my 4th EVH dream in my whole life. These dreams are so vivid and too rare. Very memorable.

A definite impact on my life!! RIP Eddie!
Cousin Eddie? Now wonder you’re dreaming about him. He’s related to @11top

So a random question. Is China/Russia taking over YouTube? I have had a way too many warnings about using profanity. Not outrageous but words like shite etc Meanwhile the crap I see others get away with makes mad!!

I was banned for 3 hours the other day with previous warnings. What happened to free speech?? I decided to check out Rumble and pretty much I am free to say what I want to. My new place for bitching and complaining. And, I can say what I want to without Big Bro watching over my shoulder.
It’s only free if you’re paying. ie: Your own site.
I can’t figure out the selective enforcement either.
Their house, their rules. Just like here.:)

bull**** cold. -7C when I got up. It was 18C when last dawn on the beach 2 days ago.
DANG! Thursday it was Opening Day here and it was 59 degrees. We sat next to a nice couple from Canada, who was going to do a two week baseball tour of the US. They were hitting St. Louis, Kansas City, then Chicago, Minnesota and Milwaukee on the way back north. He was very nice. I talked to him the whole game. They were from Ottowa.

And, since he was form Canada, I asked him if he knew you. :D

DANG! Thursday it was Opening Day here and it was 59 degrees. We sat next to a nice couple from Canada, who was going to do a two week baseball tour of the US. They were hitting St. Louis, Kansas City, then Chicago, Minnesota and Milwaukee on the way back north. He was very nice. I talked to him the whole game. They were from Ottowa.

And, since he was form Canada, I asked him if he knew you. :D
I do have friends in Ottawa. About 1/3 of my engineering class went there when they graduated. One friend does do a similar baseball tour from time to time, but usually later in the season.

Back