Random. No more or less

This is the car era I am stuck in. The 60’s and 70’s were just two amazing decades for some of the most iconic cars that were ever built. This applies to my music as well. I have been in sone pretty kick a$$ cars in my day.
I have two car eras that I love. The first is the 20's - mid 30's when the "coach builders" were doing all the fantastic work on creating some of the most beautiful pieces of rolling steel ever. I would specifically reference Duesenbergs, Cadillacs, Cords, Auburns, Rolls Royces, Bugattis and the like from that era. The Duesenberg Boattails would be near the top of my list from that era (photo below)! The other era I am partial to is ~1955 to 1970!

1934DuesenbergModelJBoattailSpeedster_02.webp

I have two car eras that I love. The first is the 20's - mid 30's when the "coach builders" were doing all the fantastic work on creating some of the most beautiful pieces of rolling steel ever. I would specifically reference Duesenbergs, Cadillacs, Cords, Auburns, Rolls Royces, Bugattis and the like from that era. The Duesenberg Boattails would be near the top of my list from that era (photo below)! The other era I am partial to is ~1955 to 1970!

I do actually like the older classics as well but not quite as much as the muscle car era!

Ppl I just got back from a walk with the doggos. Just petting Frankie on the head when I notice a big fat tick on his head. We managed to get it out but there is a piece of the tick deeply embedded in his wound. We are taking him to the vet just to be sure. Because this could be a source of infection.

If your animals are outdoors at all pls check them thoroughly for ticks.

A good tool to use for this is one of those sticky tape lint removers!!!

ejxvzmsogjaqhef3mtubk4rqnu9cmnaecmllzxpdco9ujsu358_5dtdemtrueq8iep5qghxeymnsrqepmrqrr50oqcdivybc-aupthh3wwfka5-y8de-lc6md2r9ohg3hmsznt8qdgtygbsxxebmqlkqbbnrmnjynw_ttsfefowtkkcw5nekppqsw4am5_kb2gw7ka1nddljyt6jgqcmjjdccebl8vshd-atkqk

A very nice surprise. My very first guitar teacher is coming to see his parents and to visit me. I am very excited because he will be able to help me with a song I have been practicing but is frustrating. He’s a straight up shredder.

This is him. He’s super talented but I am not into shredding per say!

A very nice surprise. My very first guitar teacher is coming to see his parents and to visit me. I am very excited because he will be able to help me with a song I have been practicing but is frustrating. He’s a straight up shredder.

This is him. He’s super talented but I am not into shredding per say!

And just like that, I lost my only guitar student to a younger, more talented, better looking guy. Story of my life.

:D:D

He can play, though.

Last edited:
That was really cool but can I pls ask what they were making?
Could not tell you what is being made but glad you like it! Looks to me like large turbine parts or something, but that is just a guess!! I just love watching the hot steel being shaped, fascinating to me ;~)) Maybe it is because one of my grandfathers was a blacksmith!!!

He has a vet appt at 2. It looks a little swollen now. He is rubbing it with his hind leg. I have a collar on him for right now so he can’t scratch it.
Our cats are strictly indoor critters. No issues with fleas or ticks, or infectious diseases from other animals. But man oh man, can they do a number on the house! Every day is a new rodeo...often multiple times. The fur really flies.😱🤣

Thought that was an Auburn Boat-tail....but in these parts the only time you saw any of those vintage autos was in a retro article of Car & Driver or similar. See lots of T's and Deuce coupes etc that have been restored, and lots of 60's and 70's muscle cars. Just nothing exotic vintage.

I’m about to head off into tick-land. Going camping for five days later this morning. It’ll be awesome to decompress and see my four year-old climb around the rocks on the Lake Superior shore. It’s hard to beat a campsite that has a fifty-foot path to a semi-private beach with no other sites within a couple of hundred yards.

Yesterday was my last day of work, perhaps for a while. Started it off with a very nice interview for a library job that’s be 16-hours a week. I think that’d meet my needs for a bit of guitar-income, my pension credits continuing, and some structure. We’ll see what happens. This is the first time I’ve been unemployed since the last century.

Some of my staff wrote me letters telling me about the influence I’ve had on their lives—very kind and meaningful.

I need to get back to work! NOW!

I am pretending I am in an extended vacation leave. I know me and I have to work or volunteer for the sake of my mental health.

I need to get back to work! NOW!

I am pretending I am in an extended vacation leave. I know me and I have to work or volunteer for the sake of my mental health.
Big difference between work and volunteer stress levels.
You can still find yourself dealing with unpleasant situations as a volunteer, but it is much easier to shed it when you walk out the door because you know it doesn’t really impact your life and well being.

I built houses with Habitat for Humanity for three years after retiring. Stopped by the pandemic.

Big difference between work and volunteer stress levels.
You can still find yourself dealing with unpleasant situations as a volunteer, but it is much easier to shed it when you walk out the door because you know it doesn’t really impact your life and well being.

I built houses with Habitat for Humanity for three years after retiring. Stopped by the pandemic.
I really wanted to work for Habitat for humanity. It’s on the back burner for now. My number 1 priority is getting my health back in order first before I can even think about doing anything like this.

Back