Random. No more or less

I did a similar thing about 25 years ago. Full leathers (jacket/trousers/boots) and a bee-keeping hat.

A good blast of chemicals and run like heck.

I should add that I don’t condone killing animals/insects etc. However they had built a nest by the window of a room my grandmother was staying in, so they had to go.

I did own a motorcycle at the time.
Well, having a motorcycle explains the leathers…where did the bee-keeping hat come from?:p:D

I did a similar thing about 25 years ago. Full leathers (jacket/trousers/boots) and a bee-keeping hat.

A good blast of chemicals and run like heck.

I should add that I don’t condone killing animals/insects etc. However they had built a nest by the window of a room my grandmother was staying in, so they had to go.

I did own a motorcycle at the time.
Yes, I feel bad about taking out a nest. But this was at my parents' barn, and they regularly go in there.

Speaking of running, I also learned how sweaty you can get in a short period of time when running in that stuff on a hot day.

Isn’t amazing when you figure out how a riff in a more efficient manner and with less fingers.

These little aha moments for me personally is the gas that adds to my fire.

On my way to do some chores at the cottage(day off )but would rather be playing. Reality really sucks at times!
What riff did you find an easier way to play?

Well, having a motorcycle explains the leathers…where did the bee-keeping hat come from?:p:D

From memory, our next door neighbour. They didn’t keep bees, I think they from a friend.

C’mon, most days I can’t remember my name!!

He got it from Gordon Sumner...

Sting-ing reply.

After a series of disappointments, I got some time for a run today and got accosted by an unleashed Black Lab, twice, on the way out and back. His name was evidently Leo, as the guy kept yelling it, but Leo didn't care. I apologized that I didn't have any treats.

Afterwards I was going to go on a bike ride, but my front tire was flat. I thought about changing it at the trail head, but went home to take care of it and some other maintenance. I can't find a puncture in the tube, though, and it's now holding air. But after I changed the tube and gave my bike a cleaning/new chain lube, etc., I can't lower the dropper post. Cable seems fine, but I went awry somewhere.

But I do kind of like this picture I took.

jloUuDl.jpg

My wife got laid off today, along with her whole team. Kind of unsurprising, given that her former employer hasn‘t done well for a while and she was in a non-operational role.

The funny part is that we were on our way home from camping when she got the news. A little over a year ago, we were on our way home from camping when she accepted the job.

I’d warned her when she took the job that she was moving into a job that would be amongst the first to be cut if layoffs were in the offing. Stinks to be right sometimes.

She’ll be fine. She’s a star in her field. Interesting day, for sure.

My band finally has rehearsal tonight. It's been about a month, due to someone having an issue each week. I'm looking very forward to it because, even tho we will be a bit rusty, we usually play QUITE WELL after we've had a break like this. Never really understood that phenomena. I guess it's just that we all WANT to play badly (since it's been awhile)?

My band finally has rehearsal tonight. It's been about a month, due to someone having an issue each week. I'm looking very forward to it because, even tho we will be a bit rusty, we usually play QUITE WELL after we've had a break like this. Never really understood that phenomena. I guess it's just that we all WANT to play badly (since it's been awhile)?
My band had a really strange quirk, too.
If we had a BAD rehearsal before a show, we would have an absolutely KILLER show.
GOOD rehearsal before a show, craptastic show.:p:D

My band had a really strange quirk, too.
If we had a BAD rehearsal before a show, we would have an absolutely KILLER show.
GOOD rehearsal before a show, craptastic show.:p:D

We have that too! Bizarre...

Hey... NJ Devil, you wouldn't be Dave? I know a NJ Devil on other forums...

My wife got laid off today, along with her whole team. Kind of unsurprising, given that her former employer hasn‘t done well for a while and she was in a non-operational role.

The funny part is that we were on our way home from camping when she got the news. A little over a year ago, we were on our way home from camping when she accepted the job.

I’d warned her when she took the job that she was moving into a job that would be amongst the first to be cut if layoffs were in the offing. Stinks to be right sometimes.

She’ll be fine. She’s a star in her field. Interesting day, for sure.
That sucks. Glad to know she'll be fine. Still sucks.

That sucks. Glad to know she'll be fine. Still sucks.

Thanks! It’s a bummer, for sure. Financially we’ll be fine, even though she earned about 60% of our income. There’s decent severance and a large savings cushion, so we’re fortunate that way. With unemployment, we’ll be looking at being at 75% of our “normal” household income. I can only imagine how stressful it would be for single-income families or single people.

Back