Question to the PRS Community - Identify this guitar! Give me the details.

reaxis

Hi, Here's a guitar that I got. I don't know much about it, other than its lightly used, 22 frets, semi hollow. Truss rod cover is blank. On the back its says "to john".

If you know any details and specs on this guitar - Id really appreciate it. Absolutely any details!

IMG_2839.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2853.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2852.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2851.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2849.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2845.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2844.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2841.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2010 limited edition custom 22 semi hollowbody charcoal burst. Nice! I think there were 300 made for that run?

Last edited:
Thank you for the info! The top is nice and its sounds good to me even unplugged. I cant find a price point on this guitar. What was it sold for? Or currently selling for? Is it possible to say since they are hard to find?

I think vchizzle got it in one. The signature is probably just PRSh signing it at a meet n' greet.

Thank you for the info! The top is nice and its sounds good to me even unplugged. I cant find a price point on this guitar. What was it sold for? Or currently selling for? Is it possible to say since they are hard to find?

The MAP for a CU22 is $3000, and the MAP for a HB II is $4000. The MAP for your guitar was probably somewhere in between, my guess, although it could have been higher due to limited run, etc.

There are Semi-Hollow CU24s available, as a current price comparison. Brian's Guitars, a well known and respected PRS Dealer, has one, for example. That price might reflect the "new" price of your guitar.

Being used, the guitar is now worth what someone will pay for it. Could be a lot lower than original price, could be even higher if someone really wants that edition. Checkout Reverb or eBay for some current pricing on Semi-Hollow Cu22s or Cu24s. They all seem to fall within the price range I mentioned above...

I have no idea if Paul's signature adds any perceived value.

Maybe, if your name was John... :wink:

Nice guitar by the way!

You can take the "To John" off and leave the sig. I have some electronic components cleaner spray that removes it very well. Just a dab on a soft rag and lightly rub the area to remove and it will come right off.

I've used Goo Gone in the past with good results as well.

You can take the "To John" off and leave the sig. I have some electronic components cleaner spray that removes it very well. Just a dab on a soft rag and lightly rub the area to remove and it will come right off.

Back