Query; re specing a guitar

IKnowALittle

Wonder if PRS would let a customer spec a guitar for themselves. Not a PS, or Artist, just a CU24 with some different appointments.

Wonder if PRS would let a customer spec a guitar for themselves. Not a PS, or Artist, just a CU24 with some different appointments.

I'd like to know, too. I have in mind a HB-II with a rosewood neck. Standard 10-top and hardware, not PS, not Artist - just go pull a RW neck and glue it in, instead of mahogany. I'd obviously pay a bit more.

=K

Sure they will! All you have to do is start a high profile band that sells a sh!t-ton of records, become a PRS artist, and have them build you one.

Generally, no.

There are options for each model, but not many.

For example, your options for a CU24 are:
Flame, 10 top flame or quilt
Pattern thin or pattern regular
18 different colors.

If you are looking for a different wood or neck radius or something like that, you are going to have to go special dealer run, artist or PS.

Last edited:
The reason I ask, is because it is not that unusual to see a "one-off" of a regular core model ... might be colour, pickups, fretboard, wood etc.
I just wonder where these come from and why ... dealer request, factory imperative?
:dontknow:

Sometimes they're for trade shows or what PRS calls "Sprayers Choice" guitars, where the dude who paint 'em goes nuts.

Whatever happened to that one you were lookin' at? I really dug that one.

There are "sprayer's choice" guitars for color.

The ones with different woods are usually specked by a favored dealer or artist.

Sometimes they're for trade shows or what PRS calls "Sprayers Choice" guitars, where the dude who paint 'em goes nuts.

Whatever happened to that one you were lookin' at? I really dug that one.

It's still there, but with our $ so low and all the shipping, customs, duty, taxes and other charges, I calculated that it would cost me a minimum of $6,500 which is just not realistic for a guitar that lists at 2,800.

Back