Aldimeola Prism - Tuner Machine

wzorzi

Good evening, everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. As a new member here, I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate forum for my query. However, after much reading, I believe this community might be the best place to seek guidance.

I own an Al Di Meola Prism, which has unfortunately been experiencing some issues with its tuners. After an extensive search, I've identified them as PRS tuning machines, locked low mass Phase II.

My primary challenge is finding a replacement that utilizes 2 screws for secure attachment. If anyone could recommend a specific model, product code, or store where I could find a suitable replacement, it would be immensely helpful. I would be eternally grateful for your assistance.

Thank you in advance for your support and understanding.

Dear @dmatthews ,

I hope this message finds you well. Thank you very much for your response; it's greatly appreciated.

I've noticed that the Aldi with Phase III you've identified seems to diverge from the conventional models. Upon reviewing similar cases on Reverb, it appears many share similarities with mine.

Although a switch to Phase III is conceivable, I'm concerned about the resulting holes not being properly sealed, which leaves me feeling somewhat disheartened.

Warmest regards,

Dear @dmatthews ,

I hope this message finds you well. Thank you very much for your response; it's greatly appreciated.

I've noticed that the Aldi with Phase III you've identified seems to diverge from the conventional models. Upon reviewing similar cases on Reverb, it appears many share similarities with mine.

Although a switch to Phase III is conceivable, I'm concerned about the resulting holes not being properly sealed, which leaves me feeling somewhat disheartened.

Warmest regards,
Hmmm... I would love to see a picture of your guitar including the back of the headstock.
That way, we could all see and/or recommend the correct parts! :)

Dear @dmatthews ,

Warmest regards,
AHA! Now I see what you mean...

I can't say I've seen those before. Both of my guitars with Phase II are single screw, and the Phase III are all open back. I'm stumped but perhaps an email to PRS would solve the mystery unless others here have info. [email protected]

AHA! Now I see what you mean...

I can't say I've seen those before. Both of my guitars with Phase II are single screw, and the Phase III are all open back. I'm stumped but perhaps an email to PRS would solve the mystery unless others here have info. [email protected]
Wow, those are new by me too. I have never seen a set like that. I would probably reach out to PRS as well as John Mann on those.

Bummer. That explains why my modicum of searching came up empty.
Cheers
It’s come up a few times here on the forum, usually on a DGT. The answer is always the same when they eventually get a reply from CS.

You can repair them though with a donor set of PII’s if it’s the the gear/worm gear that’s the problem, you just gotta pop the dust seal off.

Back