PRS "Strat"

Silverman

Has PRS ever made a start-style single coil guitar? I'm somewhat new to the brand, and noticed they don't have anything strat-like in their current lineup. If they have, please let me know what you think of them as well. Thanks!

A PRS Strat

869158592739f4cb0563867cd4af93983b3d216.png

Plus one on mojo fan. That's what I use when I need single coil spank. Same color as mine.

In '90 or '91 Our PRS sales came in to re-up our store on our commitment to have so many of this and that...some deal struck at NAMN, I had a working relationship with him and we often geek talk...anyways...he pulls out what I think was the very first run of EG's...22fret...maybe even alder?...5-way strat switch {possibly their first?} with these SUPER COOL , ummmm, I wanna say Fralin pickups...help me guys. Anyway, absolutely no way anybody who loves a good ole strat could possibly imagine how SWEEEEET PRS made one. I wanted that one and he would part w it for showing puposes...time rolls on , guitars come and go...u know. If u want a PRS STRAT...look no further. Happy Hunting!

In '90 or '91 Our PRS sales came in to re-up our store on our commitment to have so many of this and that...some deal struck at NAMN, I had a working relationship with him and we often geek talk...anyways...he pulls out what I think was the very first run of EG's...22fret...maybe even alder?...5-way strat switch {possibly their first?} with these SUPER COOL , ummmm, I wanna say Fralin pickups...help me guys. Anyway, absolutely no way anybody who loves a good ole strat could possibly imagine how SWEEEEET PRS made one. I wanted that one and he would part w it for showing puposes...time rolls on , guitars come and go...u know. If u want a PRS STRAT...look no further. Happy Hunting!
I think you have seen the Fralin Domino PU's.There are posts on the forum from Hans and Ooglybong who both have great examples

A buddy of mine in North Carolina has had an original EG since new. Alder back with 3 piece blue burst flame maple top.

In addition to all the options above - while PRS' are largely HB beasts, they do have what are widely viewed as very usable coil-taps, particularly for 'in-between' sounds.

Mark Holcomb loves the 'both pickups tapped' mode on his SE sig.

Back