PRS SE standard 22 with matte finish and plain dot inlays?

Ketil

Hello, I'm looking at a used PRS SE standard 22 now at an online classifieds site (link). There's only one (not very good) photo of it, and the seller has yet to reply to the message I sent him, so I 'm trying this excellent forum for help..: According to the photo, it seems to have a matte finish and dot (not bird) inlays. But I've googled this model, and all photos/videos I can find indicate that this model is supposed to have gloss finish and bird inlays..? Could this be an older model, or what?

That's the original take on a "Standard" SE from the mid-2000's. Satin black finish, moon inlays. If I remember right, the chrome knobs are original, too. Mahogany body and neck; the same basic platform they used for the SE Soapbar II, SE EG, and Santana SE (2nd version).

Ok, how does this model compare to the SE standards of today then? Btw; The inlays look more like dots than moons to me (unless they're full moons..).?

PRS 'dot' inlays are crescent moons.

455900561_ed6af118df.jpg

More here: http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/once-you-see-it.17263/#post-261899

Ok, how does this model compare to the SE standards of today then? Btw; The inlays look more like dots than moons to me (unless they're full moons..).?

Satin vs gloss, flat top with arm contour vs beveled, moons vs bird inlays, the hardware and electronics are probably roughly equal.

Personally, I'd go for a newer SE, but that's just me. I feel like the quality of the newer is better than some of the older models I've gotten my hands on.

OK.. I 've also been looking at a SE Soapbar and a SE Fredrik Akesson, any thoughts about these models compared to the above mentioned?

Back