PRS SE piezo use with Helix

Cooltunes

Hello all,

I have recently bought my self the Piezo SE as a retirement gift to me and want to use it with my Helix. Does anyone here have any patches where one snapshot is the piezo and the others are the magnetic pickups etc?

Many thanks

I use the 3Sigma Martin IRs for gigging my Hollowbody SE 2 Piezo
3Sigma

Making your own patch is trivial. The trick for the acoustic scene is to turn the amp block so that only the acoustic IR is active. You may want to add an EQ block to further shape the tone...put the EQ before or after the cabinet...see which you like better.

I use the 3Sigma Martin IRs for gigging my Hollowbody SE 2 Piezo
3Sigma

Making your own patch is trivial. The trick for the acoustic scene is to turn the amp block so that only the acoustic IR is active. You may want to add an EQ block to further shape the tone...put the EQ before or after the cabinet...see which you like better.
Cool. Do you have any patches?!

I don't have a Helix, but I do have a Fractal FM9. I built a patch in that just like what you are looking for. I did what Lance is suggesting. I found some pretty good acoustic IRs on the web and pulled some down. I put two of them in a CAB block and blended them. I also added a compressor, EQ, Chorus and Reverb to the signal chain and then merged it into the one output. It works well. I would think the Helix would do that as well if you have two inputs that you can run them in separately.

I also use the 3 Sigma acoustic IRs with my Helix. Mainly the D45 model.
My patches wouldn't help you, I run path 1 as effects and switching for my mag pickups into my Mesa amp, and path 2 to process the piezo to the PA.
Why is it so important to get someone else's patch? Patches are easy to create in the Helix - that's how you learn to use it. My patches have snapshots to switch between the acoustic and electric sounds, or both at once, without having to touch the controls on the guitar.

I also use the 3 Sigma acoustic IRs with my Helix. Mainly the D45 model.
My patches wouldn't help you, I run path 1 as effects and switching for my mag pickups into my Mesa amp, and path 2 to process the piezo to the PA.
Why is it so important to get someone else's patch? Patches are easy to create in the Helix - that's how you learn to use it. My patches have snapshots to switch between the acoustic and electric sounds, or both at once, without having to touch the controls on the guitar.
Mainly because I'm a bit numb!

Back