PRS SE DGT fret size

woodshed

Curious about the new SE DGT. Specs say taller frets but are they like 6105s, tall & narrow? Or are they more jumbo in spec; taller & wider than the usual SE fret wire?

They look more like 6100s on my 2022, they are quite wide.

Sorry, I didn't realize you asked about the SE version. Reading too fast, and not used to seeing "SE" beside "DGT" yet LOL

In a interview with Grissom I thought he said the frets were EXACTLY the same as the Core DGT models, and he's a stickler about fret details.

Sorry, I didn't realize you asked about the SE version. Reading too fast, and not used to seeing "SE" beside "DGT" yet LOL

In a interview with Grissom I thought he said the frets were EXACTLY the same as the Core DGT models, and he's a stickler about fret details.
Should be about the same. David used a dial caliper to measure his 2010 Goldtop specs as the template for the DGT SE and then reported those numbers to Jack Higganbotham at PRS

I've not played a PRS DG core/signature model so I have no reference as to his "bigger frets" preference. Do those frets compare to what Fender puts on the current Performer series Teles & Strats? They call those "jumbo" & those are taller & wider than their usual medium jumbo fret wire. I'm quite familiar w/those frets. I'm a guitar instructor at a Music & Arts so I get to play those Fender "jumbo" frets & become familiar w/them regularly.

Last edited:
Back