PRS Santana Artist Owners.

Matt H.

I'm giving a shout out to the Santana Artist Model owners.

I have a 1999 Santana, which I owned for a number of years before I opened the backplate to clean up the switch with some contact cleaner, and discovered a tiny trim pot adjustment for the pickups.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this mod, and if they know anything about it?

I don't own the mentioned guitar. However, on YouTube I have seen this installed on other guitars as a bass cut mod for a guitars neck humbucking pickup. It can "trim" off that excessive low end that many players don't like on a neck pickup. (Myself included).

Maybe it's the same thing? Just a guess on my part. Have you tried adjusting it?

I don't own the mentioned guitar. However, on YouTube I have seen this installed on other guitars as a bass cut mod for a guitars neck humbucking pickup. It can "trim" off that excessive low end that many players don't like on a neck pickup. (Myself included).

Maybe it's the same thing? Just a guess on my part. Have you tried adjusting it?
Thanks, yes. The adjustment of the pot has a negligible effect, but it does effect both pickups. I'm just trying to find out if this mod exists on any other Santana models in circulation.

My '97 also had this pot
Thank you. I needed to know if it was a standard mod, or if mine was a one off. I actually spoke to Ed Adair, Santana's guitar tech who has his own shop now, and he was kind enough to explain it was added to match the sound of Carlos' original pickups. Sounds like it may have come on them for a while, but it's not something the company can or will confirm.

Thank you. I needed to know if it was a standard mod, or if mine was a one off. I actually spoke to Ed Adair, Santana's guitar tech who has his own shop now, and he was kind enough to explain it was added to match the sound of Carlos' original pickups. Sounds like it may have come on them for a while, but it's not something the company can or will confirm.
That sounds about right.

Tuned something. Weirdest thing, there's only one wire in the connection.

Back