PRS S2 Singlecut Help

Rob Dunham

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some assistance. I am not familiar with PRS guitars, but hoping to change that relatively soon. I have a guy offering me a PRS S2 Singlecut with Mccarty tobacco finish. He says that guitar is American made (which I know the S2's are) however the only thing that has me stumped is that the truss rod cover says "singlecut" and not "standard" as I have seen on any other PRS S2 in the same color and bird inlays. Is this a legit PRS? I'm worried that the truss rod cover is a warning that it's a Chinese clone. I've included a couple pictures if it helps.

Thanks all for your time.

Can't see the pictures, but this would not throw me off. Look at the back of the headstock, the numbers should be handwritten. I've also seen them with SC250 TRC's.

Thanks. After more digging and research I've found that they put different covers on the truss rod, apparently. The serial number is handwritten on the back to the headstock, but not being familiar with PRS, I just didn't know if that was something you would see on a fake. Thanks for the input!

Back