PRS Quack Not

Steven Lafferty

I have a PRS SE Custom 24 that I dearly love to play. But, I have noticed that it has a bit of the Fender Strat "Quack" to it. Not sure why. Don't know if it is the way I have my amp set or what. Has anyone else noticed this? And, any ideas how to get rid of this? I have a really nice Strat that I love to play but, I want my PRS NOT to sound like a Strat. Help

Here is my amp settings. Volume 5
Treble 6
Mids 4
MXR Delay Pedal
Tumnus Deluxe Pedal
Boss Compression Pedal settings Level 3 o'clock ( 7 )
Tone 3 o'clock (7)
Attack 9 o'clock (3)
Sustain 9 o'clock ( 3 )

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated thanks so much

Is this in the 2 and 4 position on the 5-way? If so, you might be able to change the wiring to get different coil combinations to eliminate it. Or replace it with a three-way blade. My CU24 had the CB/HFS convo, and it didn’t have enough of that quack for me, but I don’t think it’s exceptionally Stratty. Close enough, I guess, but when I really want that Strat quack, it’s the Silver Sky or my Strat.

Is this in the 2 and 4 position on the 5-way? If so, you might be able to change the wiring to get different coil combinations to eliminate it. Or replace it with a three-way blade. My CU24 had the CB/HFS convo, and it didn’t have enough of that quack for me, but I don’t think it’s exceptionally Stratty. Close enough, I guess, but when I really want that Strat quack, it’s the Silver Sky or my Strat.
It has a 3 way now.

Back