PRS pickup shootout vid

The only thing i can ever fault a PRS pickup for is that I dont like the screw coil being the active coil in a split. I know that the resistor trick helps, but it often makes a pretty nasaly sound. Flipping wires and magnets is possible...just annoying.

Found this that was just posted on FB with six different pickups side by side with a few different gain stages [including the D1's]. My conclusion.......there ARE differences. But, I don't think PRS makes a "bad" pup.

I can definitely tell the difference, especially between the 57/08 and 09 versus the others...but this video really shows they're not that different. You can pretty much use any of those for any genre you want.

Unless All The Pickups Are In The Same Guitar It Is Very Tough To Truly Know What Is Really Going On. I Also Think Each Clip Needs To be Fairly Short And Back To Back To Back For Quick Reference Or Else It Is Easy To Forget. The Way Keith Merrow Did Those SD Pickup Comparisons Was Perfect IMO.

Unless All The Pickups Are In The Same Guitar It Is Very Tough To Truly Know What Is Really Going On. I Also Think Each Clip Needs To be Fairly Short And Back To Back To Back For Quick Reference Or Else It Is Easy To Forget. The Way Keith Merrow Did Those SD Pickup Comparisons Was Perfect IMO.
That was the point behind Chris’s videos with Mr Clean. Same guitar, same player and a bunch of pickups.

Back