PRS models history.

JohnGA

Hi to all PRS fans.

Just wanted to know: is there any wiki/page where is list of amost all PRS models? Yesterday I searched for like few hours. But some sites don't even mention PRS models like 53/10, Brent Mason and some other models.

Story is: I'm small hobbiest and wanna be builded. My first guitar is still work in progress, and 2nd one is just putted together as idea. I really hope that I will sell both of them, just to get some money back and make new guitars just to practise skill. We have local comunity with a lot of guys who are into music. I've met some other small builders, pickup makers, cab makers and amp makers. So they all kinda told me: "If you stuck, feel free to call me.".

I'm huge PRS fan, and I will like to own one some day, but probably price will kill me. In my state there are only Custom 24 available, it's pretty rare to get something other then CU24. I tried some time ago 513, liked guitar a lot, but the price was ... meeeh. :D They are like top instruments, but ordinary people can't afford it.

I always liked to investigate other people sounds, why they prefer something over something else, why they pick that and that amp with that and that guitar. I hope that I will be a little less small in the future.

This topic is: I would love to build myself a PRS in not far away time. So I would like to know if there are any PRS models which are kinda more unique then CU22/CU24 and other dual humbucker stuff. So far I know for PRS 305/DC3, 513/509, Swamp Ash Special Narrowfield/NF3, Custom 22 3x Soapbar, Brent Mason, PRS EG2, 20th Anni. Private Stock. And I think this is all I know.

Help apreciated. :) Tnx.

PS. sry for grammar mistakes and miss-speling. Also apologise for wrong category: didn't know if to put it in electric instruments or tech corner.

Hi John. Try to get a copy of the latest version of "The PRS Electric Guitar Book" by Dave Burrluck. It's up to date to about 2014. It's the most complete as far as model and company history, though it does have its gaps.

This forum is the best source online. I've thought of starting a PRS wiki site to collect the wisdom of all us online PRS fanatics, but haven't had the time or energy to get it started.

Thank you SOOO much for info about book. Will look on site now: just to get coffee first. :D

Just wanted to post update: today I got finally time to investigate link site from above. It was pretty cool. You can find all models from 2009/2010 'til 2017. Before 2009 most of them are broken links .. I was very lucky to get some info. :) It helped. I also find some models on PRS serial number site, which also helped.

I just have one more question: PRS Private Stock is based on Core series or are there some unique designs? Is there any galery except PRS site galery?

Again: thank you soo much garrett! :)

Glad you're having a good time with it. It really does take a lot of patience to find working links at times. Here's the 1997 models page: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/19971011133343/http://www.prsguitars.com:80/gallery.htm. That's the oldest version of the lineup available.

Private Stock guitars are usually based on Core model designs, but they can mix and match things not normally available along with a wide range of customization. They also do prototypes of new designs and a few other unique things.

Have fun: http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/private-stock-friday.2297

Strange. I used first link yesterday, before ~2009 all broken, and this last link which U put - works. :D Strange.

Back