PRS in Two New Issues of Magazines

Goldtop

A Top (and Heart) of Gold
One of my favorite times each month is "New Magazines Day" at my local bookstore. This month, there are two great issues with articles for PRS fans.

First, the UK "Guitarist" Issue #365 (March 2013) has a shootout between a new version of a Les Paul and the New UK Only (?) Bernie Marsden 53/10! Good writeup and pics as usual. Their chosen winner is the PRS.

Then, the March 2013 issue of "Guitar and Bass", also from the UK, has a review of the SE Angelus Custom. Oh baby...

Happy reading!

Goldtop Lloyd

One of my favorite times each month is "New Magazines Day" at my local bookstore. This month, there are two great issues with articles for PRS fans.

First, the UK "Guitarist" Issue #365 (March 2013) has a shootout between a new version of a Les Paul and the New UK Only (?) Bernie Marsden 53/10! Good writeup and pics as usual. Their chosen winner is the PRS.

Then, the March 2013 issue of "Guitar and Bass", also from the UK, has a review of the SE Angelus Custom. Oh baby...

Happy reading!

Goldtop Lloyd

The 53/10 Marsden is UK only. I think there may be a handful left.

That was a good write up. it's the second time they've compared the SE Marsden to a production run Gibbo and the Marsden's come out on top. The guitar just has something, what can I say! :)

The reviewer clearly likes it but it's also clear he's a Gibbo man and he seems to give the impression he'd still choose the LP because of the name which I found a touch annoying. The only major complaint they seem to have is the tuning stability which looks like it's caused by nut binding according to the article. Everything else they love and it (Along with the stock version) knocks the LP's out the park!

Corey:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guit...solid-body/se-bernie-marsden-53-10-ltd-572050

The 53/10 Marsden is UK only. I think there may be a handful left.

That was a good write up. it's the second time they've compared the SE Marsden to a production run Gibbo and the Marsden's come out on top. The guitar just has something, what can I say! :)

The reviewer clearly likes it but it's also clear he's a Gibbo man and he seems to give the impression he'd still choose the LP because of the name which I found a touch annoying. The only major complaint they seem to have is the tuning stability which looks like it's caused by nut binding according to the article. Everything else they love and it (Along with the stock version) knocks the LP's out the park!

Corey:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guit...solid-body/se-bernie-marsden-53-10-ltd-572050

Man! I've wanted a Bernie Marsden since I first heard they were coming out, and now this? Yet another reason why I'd love to go to The UK right now!

Mike, you want a Blue Bernie, and I'd love a Gold Bernie... We Need Relief, Brother!!!

Goldtop Lloyd

Man! I've wanted a Bernie Marsden since I first heard they were coming out, and now this? Yet another reason why I'd love to go to The UK right now!

Mike, you want a Blue Bernie, and I'd love a Gold Bernie... We Need Relief, Brother!!!

Goldtop Lloyd

Ha, ha, we do!!!

I'd quite happily have a Goldtop Bernie alongside the blue one. One day!!! :)

Back